Buff lime node or add lime to Mine entrance

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Buff lime node or add lime to Mine entrance

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:33 pm

How is that going to uncover new deposits? You can work in the darkness just like anywhere else. You just have to be more careful about how long you stay out and not dropping below the "critical point" on your humors.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:45 pm

MagicManICT wrote:How is that going to uncover new deposits? You can work in the darkness just like anywhere else. You just have to be more careful about how long you stay out and not dropping below the "critical point" on your humors.

Churches to expand the darkness at some point.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:56 pm

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Churches don't add to the map. There's a fixed number of locations on a map. I understand what Qukatt was getting at, but there should be a point (unless the world gets that dark in some areas) that players of the highest humors can wander and work in any location.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:01 pm

MagicManICT wrote:I'm not sure what you're getting at. Churches don't add to the map. There's a fixed number of locations on a map. I understand what Qukatt was getting at, but there should be a point (unless the world gets that dark in some areas) that players of the highest humors can wander and work in any location.

Mmmm, good point. Wasn't thinking in that light. I still vote the maps are designed to get used up and force us to move on.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:13 pm

Well, everything in the game so far is somewhat renewable with the exception of trees (tree planting has been promised). Ore might be the exception, but from the looks of it, the nodes underground may be so large as to be effectively infinite. Lime and stone both spawn randomly on the map. I'd hate to go back to that being the only source of lime, though.
MagicManICT

Postby five9 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:05 am

Onionfighter wrote:
five9 wrote:and this is why a rare valuable resource should be used accordingly , sought and defended, and not wasted away for a fast buck selling nails and such or building 40 layer walls lol

Those all sound like legitimate uses to me.

no one said they weren't, it doesn't change the fact the resource is rare

---

ive found i can dig a lime tile , then dig the dirt tile by it,, level the dirt back up , and the lime tile goes back up to, its tricky but can be down by sloping the digs

and like in real life,, dig all around it and make a quarry to dig deeper and deeper,, how deep can we go? idk..
five9

Postby staxjax » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:11 am

Lime is available in infinite quantities, just like any other forageable item.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby five9 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:35 pm

staxjax wrote:Lime is available in infinite quantities, just like any other forageable item.

thats a good point for random 1 piece spawns
five9

Postby alloin » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:26 am

i agree on lime needing a "buff".

Can't you make it 5 times longer to dig, but 1 boulder having 25 limes pieces instead of only 5 ?
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Haxzploid » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:24 am

alloin wrote:i agree on lime needing a "buff".

Can't you make it 5 times longer to dig, but 1 boulder having 25 limes pieces instead of only 5 ?

+1
Haxzploid

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations