Buff lime node or add lime to Mine entrance

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Buff lime node or add lime to Mine entrance

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:42 am

MagicManICT wrote:You know, someone figured out that you could drop dirt on just the right vertex to cover up lime, stone and sand and posted it on the Paradox forums. I never heard back on what it decayed into, though. I had the same thought at the time.

Otherwise, you can't add dirt directly onto the stone, lime, and sand/beach terrains

It has been rediscovered multiple times actually. It's done by raising via the ctrl function.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Chiprel » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:54 am

<Trojanz> loftar are you planning to make lime regenerate?
<loftar> "Regenerate" how?
<Trojanz> cause I believe that after few months we might have some problem with digging lime
<loftar> If anything, that just means you'll have to move on, Trojanz. :)
<Trojanz> later in game we will have to dig soil around lime deposit to be able to dig any lime ;p
<Trojanz> oh and what happens with lime when someone covers it with soil?
<Trojanz> does it go back to lime terrain or it stays as soil for good?
<loftar> You can't cover it with soil, quite simply.
<Trojanz> you can if you put soil 1 tile near lime
<loftar> Really?
<Trojanz> yeah
<loftar> In that case, that's a bug.

I thought that this got fixed already. :cry:

edit: This conversation is ~2months old.
Last edited by Chiprel on Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:25 am

Loftar couldn't access the closed forums on Paradox for some reason (I think it's a flaw in vBulletin somewhere). I thought all the bugs posted there had been added to the bug tracker, though (haven't looked).

The fact that lime is a semi-finite resource in a game that has no other finite resource could put a cramp on things after a year or so.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:58 am

MagicManICT wrote:Loftar couldn't access the closed forums on Paradox for some reason (I think it's a flaw in vBulletin somewhere). I thought all the bugs posted there had been added to the bug tracker, though (haven't looked).

The fact that lime is a semi-finite resource in a game that has no other finite resource could put a cramp on things after a year or so.

Digging>Buying from Noobs>Importing from other servers.

I'm starting to wonder if they're trying to make it so larger towns will eventually abandon established villages in older servers and migrate to new ones. I'm assuming they will eventually want to close the most ancient servers too to help keep some freshness in the gameplay.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby battiskaff » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:17 am

If someone put the claim near lime carrier and close access to lime? what do you do?
battiskaff

Postby Bluestone » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:08 pm

battiskaff wrote:If someone put the claim near lime carrier and close access to lime? what do you do?

Find a new lime source or buy lime off someone.
Don't forget to check out the Salem Wiki for all your salem information needs
Bluestone

Postby battiskaff » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:41 pm

Rules of the game will be brutal. Ок.
battiskaff

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:34 pm

Bluestone wrote:
battiskaff wrote:If someone put the claim near lime carrier and close access to lime? what do you do?

Find a new lime source or buy lime off someone.

Or bash your way through the wall they're using, or steal the lime, or use a village to declaim the claim.
Sevenless

Postby battiskaff » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:40 pm

Sevenless wrote:Or bash your way through the wall they're using, or steal the lime, or use a village to declaim the claim.

Declaim too hard when game started. Steal lime? You have skill for it? 40 Dagger. You have stat for do it? No man :))

And last, claim and lime can fenced stone wall :))
battiskaff

Postby Qukatt » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:14 pm

Sevenless wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:Loftar couldn't access the closed forums on Paradox for some reason (I think it's a flaw in vBulletin somewhere). I thought all the bugs posted there had been added to the bug tracker, though (haven't looked).

Digging>Buying from Noobs>Importing from other servers.

I'm starting to wonder if they're trying to make it so larger towns will eventually abandon established villages in older servers and migrate to new ones. I'm assuming they will eventually want to close the most ancient servers too to help keep some freshness in the gameplay.

unless when we get churches and start pushing back the darkness we'll uncover new lime deposits :)
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out. - Battlebug (Sw:tor forums pre-wipe)
Qukatt

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations