Gardening Pots

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Gardening Pots

Postby weirdg » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:58 pm

I’d love to see the Garden Pots more complicated, like needing watering every now and then. Adding fertilizers (like the Tilled Fields, or different). Plants needing some care. Perhaps weeding, watering and sickness-curing during the growth cycle. As it is now, I think it's a bit dull. Plant something, wait 3 days, harvest 2 (3 w/ Horticulture) of the same item (except for Garlic and Gourds).

I used to play UO, caring for my plants was something I (and the wife) really enjoyed in that game. You could cross-pollinate to gain seeds for other rare plants. Can’t remember exactly how the system worked (I’m sure I could google it if I really needed to know). I’m not suggesting you should copy that though.

It’s an idea, anyhow… I won't go into more details ‘cause I’m sure you geniuses can figure out something cool :)
weirdg

Re: Gardening Pots

Postby staxjax » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:23 pm

No thanks. With 150 gardening pots, it is already enough work just to pick and replant every 3 days.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Sevenless » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:26 pm

Due to how pots work right now: being utterly spammed, this would be a real pain.

That doesn't mean there isn't room for another more complicated type of gardening. I would daresay that Flower troughs or flower pots with a complex hybridization system could be implemented for example. Plenty of uses for flowers/herbs in cooking, inspirationals, crafting.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:27 pm

lets not try suggesting something to encourage bot-using?
(im sure op wouldnt bot watering but enjoy doing it manually, but pretty sure many would start getting tempted for scripting once it needs watering every once in a while.)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Return to Ideas & Innovations