Equippable Buckets

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Equippable Buckets

Postby EnderWiggin » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:11 pm

I believe there will be some sort of horse driven object transportation device in the future.
EnderWiggin

Postby thl111 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:12 pm

A water wagon,perhaps? Something with a big barrel mounted horizontally on a chassis and dragged by horse(s) which can contain about 500L or more of any sort of liquid including beer and such :) then distributes to smaller barrels at player's town by hose and pump.
Last edited by thl111 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We make sword stone for keeper and pull they do it and excalibur come out. have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword. -Moniker (Anarchy online)
thl111

Postby Sevenless » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:12 pm

The key for me here: 1 click to fill. I would use it to avoid needing to fill 20 buckets manually in a heartbeat. Mind you carpal tunnel influences my desires here.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Tiirsys » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:14 am

Sevenless wrote:Would be a real pain to equip/unequip buckets though. What about this concept:

It's a traditional water carrying method. When you start getting barrels, even the buckets in the inventory just doesn't seem to be enough. This could be a craftable Water Yolk that would allow you to carry 200L of water instead of the backpack slot, but would force you to move at a slightly slower speed when full. Yes, 200L is a touch extreme for realism, but carrying 240L in your inventory is a little nutty too. It would also be much loved if it could be filled with a single click instead of 20 clicks.

I support this idea!
Tiirsys

Postby Banok » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:52 am

would would you get water anywhere other than boston? too eez.
Banok

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:22 am

Banok wrote:would would you get water anywhere other than boston? too eez.

Because you can sled barrels to the river. If you place your claim/village right it's less of a walk than boston.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Haxzploid » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:15 am

I support the original idea.

I would also like to suggest that you can't fast travel with full buckets. (This makes you think a little bit more about the placement of your Homestead, since you wouldn't be able to get water from Boston)
Haxzploid

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations