Equippable Buckets

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Equippable Buckets

Postby weirdg » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:31 pm

Suggestion to make buckets equippable. Not really for any other purpose than aestetics. Would look cute to have my guy carry around the buckets of water instead of just keeping them in inventory. It would also limit the amount of water you can carry. Now you can carry 160 liters of water in your inventory, another 40 liters in the backpack, seems a little heavy, dontchathink?
weirdg

Re: Equippable Buckets

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Would be a real pain to equip/unequip buckets though. What about this concept:

It's a traditional water carrying method. When you start getting barrels, even the buckets in the inventory just doesn't seem to be enough. This could be a craftable Water Yolk that would allow you to carry 200L of water instead of the backpack slot, but would force you to move at a slightly slower speed when full. Yes, 200L is a touch extreme for realism, but carrying 240L in your inventory is a little nutty too. It would also be much loved if it could be filled with a single click instead of 20 clicks.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby weirdg » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:49 pm

Can't see why not, looks cool :)
weirdg

Postby jorb » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:57 pm

Sevenless wrote:Would be a real pain to equip/unequip buckets though. What about this concept:

It's a traditional water carrying method. When you start getting barrels, even the buckets in the inventory just doesn't seem to be enough. This could be a craftable Water Yolk that would allow you to carry 200L of water instead of the backpack slot, but would force you to move at a slightly slower speed when full. Yes, 200L is a touch extreme for realism, but carrying 240L in your inventory is a little nutty too. It would also be much loved if it could be filled with a single click instead of 20 clicks.

Hmmm.
jorb

Postby staxjax » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:40 pm

lol, that looks awesome...I want one !
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:36 pm

20L is definitely a bit low. A person in good shape should be able to carry about 20 gallons with one of those things, which is about 80L.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:25 am

MagicManICT wrote:20L is definitely a bit low. A person in good shape should be able to carry about 20 gallons with one of those things, which is about 80L.

Not sure what you're replying to. I thought I said 200L didn't I? @_@
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:12 am

Well... damn. Sorry :oops:
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby TotalyMoo » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:21 pm

Ha... ha... ha....

I just realized that I've always had just one bucket because it made no sense to have more than that. Now I realize you can carry insane amounts of water. Although it's not really realistic for a person to carry 24 bars of iron, or shovels for that matter, in your pockets and backpack. Inventories will never be realistic.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Droj » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:28 pm

What's wrong with using a sled to carry 5 barrels to the waters edge and filing them up with a single bucket. One trip alone would give you 500L. Is it possible, has anyone tried it?!

Edit: We just need more methods of transport capable of carrying more objects maybe even faster than a sled
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations