Q - Should items unlock before you can make the ingredients?

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Q - Should items unlock before you can make the ingredie

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:40 pm

This isn't a pure survival game. We're playing Pilgrims (and others) that came over to the New World to escape various things. If you want to take a role play view of it, that could be a pilgrim, indentured servant, or even a convict escaping the law or looking for a fresh start. All of these people had knowledge of what life was like. Even if they don't know how to do a thing, they know a thing exists. That's a huge difference.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Re: Q - Should items unlock before you can make the ingredie

Postby darnokpl » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:41 am

MagicManICT wrote:This isn't a pure survival game. We're playing Pilgrims (and others) that came over to the New World to escape various things. If you want to take a role play view of it, that could be a pilgrim, indentured servant, or even a convict escaping the law or looking for a fresh start. All of these people had knowledge of what life was like. Even if they don't know how to do a thing, they know a thing exists. That's a huge difference.

OK, you are right that makes sense... as long as it can't be used to get huge advantage by players it is fine.
darnokpl

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations