Buff metal chests

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Buff metal chests

Postby Banok » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:00 pm

What a waste of my precious metal, its only 5x5 same as normal chest. and seems to break easy too. so basically if u have walls there is no point vs normal chest.
Banok

Re: Buff metal chests

Postby Droj » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:08 pm

easy to break, how much phlegm do you have and how much dmg % per tick?
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby milonti » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:09 pm

Cant be lifted while things are in it. Wooden Chests can IIRC
milonti

Postby Banok » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:42 pm

milonti wrote:Cant be lifted while things are in it. Wooden Chests can IIRC

banok wrote:so basically if u have walls there is no point vs normal chest.
Banok

Postby staxjax » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:05 pm

They require the thief to take items out of the chest, thus alarming the braziers and in turn taking BB damage. The wooden chests can just be lifted and carried away. This alone is enough to make them worth building, just dont lock them if you think the soak is too low. I was kind of suprised that they didnt have 36 inventory spaces, when I figured they would since the liftable wooden chests inventory was nerfed to 25.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Sevenless » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Banok wrote:
milonti wrote:Cant be lifted while things are in it. Wooden Chests can IIRC

banok wrote:so basically if u have walls there is no point vs normal chest.

Raider breaks in, raider picks up locked wooden chest, raider bashes wooden chest off claim and takes everything with minimal BB required.

vs

Raider breaks in, raider has to smash the hardest storage material currently available (3%/tick at 25phlegm) while dealing with brazier fire. Raider then has to sort through the random **** that explodes on the ground to try and find something of value since the chest was locked and he had no clue what was in it. Each item drains more BB and the raider has to be a lot more cautious with braziers breathing down his neck.

There's no difference in the effort to raid your place? Makes me think you haven't been out raiding mister. Try it before you start talking about how hard/easy something is to do as a raider. All metal chests should be locked, otherwise you're better off just using cabinets inside if you're intending to leave them unlocked. Metal chests are for valuables storage.

Summary: Go kill some beaches.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby JeffGV » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:17 pm

So, 5 iron bars for a 25 slot inventory that can already be destroyed fairly easily before even two weeks from the birth of the new server have passed? Oh, quite useful indeed. Well, like the braziers (4 bars each, and coal) that don't do anything when people lift things and bring them out, anyway.
More than buffing metal chests, they should make so defending yourself isn't a bad joke where you spend a lot of money just to get robbed anyway.
JeffGV

Postby staxjax » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:22 pm

JeffGV wrote:So, 5 iron bars for a 25 slot inventory that can already be destroyed fairly easily before even two weeks from the birth of the new server have passed? Oh, quite useful indeed. Well, like the braziers (4 bars each, and coal) that don't do anything when people lift things and bring them out, anyway.
More than buffing metal chests, they should make so defending yourself isn't a bad joke where you spend a lot of money just to get robbed anyway.

lol, with enough walls and brazier any base is easily defended even if nobody is online.

staxjax

Postby JeffGV » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:33 pm

staxjax wrote:
JeffGV wrote:So, 5 iron bars for a 25 slot inventory that can already be destroyed fairly easily before even two weeks from the birth of the new server have passed? Oh, quite useful indeed. Well, like the braziers (4 bars each, and coal) that don't do anything when people lift things and bring them out, anyway.

lol, with enough walls and brazier any base is easily defended even if nobody is online.

Yeah, you've got to stack walls (because they're too weak to use a single one) and to build a lot of braziers. Using up a lot of iron.
A raider can come and rob you using, maybe, a sword. That costs a single iron bar. Until they implement other weapons, at least.
And the brazier damage is static (as the soak value of the walls and items, by the way) so it will be negligible after some time. What will you do, build more braziers?
Edit: anyway, we're probably OT.
JeffGV

Postby staxjax » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:41 pm

10 BB damage every 3s is nothing to shake a stick at. If your whole base deals 10bb damage every 3s, somebody is going to need a lot of BB to do anything...especially breaking through 7 or more walls, it would take nothing less than a small army of well statted toons to just break into the base (and hours upon hours, if not a day or two).

Anyways, back on topic. Metal chests are fine, they just need bigger inventory. The whole point of them is they can't be lifted and carried away, not to be some kind of elite storage to keep all of your valuables safe from thievery.

staxjax

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations