Make wood choppings drop into inventory.

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Make wood choppings drop into inventory.

Postby Banok » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:01 pm

derp.
Banok

Re: Make wood choppings drop into inventory.

Postby jorb » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:11 pm

Nope. This looks cute and fun.
jorb

Postby Ass_Kraken » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:49 am

At least make the pick up box bigger so you don't have to walk back and forth/lift up the whittler's bench to pick up 25% of them.
Ass_Kraken

Postby jorb » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:58 am

There is no such thing as a pick up box.
jorb

Postby staxjax » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:01 am

You can move the whittler's bench? I've just been destroying them and making a new ones everytime I can't reach the center of the woodchips to pick them up.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:02 am

Yeah, it's portable... Thought that was on the wiki, but haven't looked.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:09 am

jorb wrote:There is no such thing as a pick up box.

Mmm, better way to put it would be to have the wood shavings drop slightly behind the character instead of directly beneath them. Often the whittling table interferes with picking shavings up and has to be moved up as a result.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby jorb » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:14 am

Sevenless wrote:

Mmm, better way to put it would be to have the wood shavings drop slightly behind the character instead of directly beneath them. Often the whittling table interferes with picking shavings up and has to be moved up as a result.

I know, but that problem is pretty general for several things, and should if anything be fixed in the general case rather than in this specific one.
jorb

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

Well, it would be nice if they were placed in inventory if there were room for a while, but then I'd get annoyed at always having to drop them when I don't want/need them.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:22 am

jorb wrote:
Sevenless wrote:

I know, but that problem is pretty general for several things, and should if anything be fixed in the general case rather than in this specific one.

The aforementioned hitbox would be what you want then. Right now we need to literally stand on top of an item to get it. In many cases, the exact center of said item is underneath something or stuck on a cliff. If you re-worked it so that items were picked up once you get within a certain distance instead, Ye Olde hitbox so to speak, 95% of these problems would vanish. And I don't really see how it could be abused if the pick up distance is ~1/2 of a tile.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations