Bridges or ferry boats

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Bridges or ferry boats

Postby ElCapitan1701 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:34 am

We really need something like that, as wide parts of the map a seperated by large rivers which needs swimming. So you can`t transport things per sled, or just chop a tree one side and transport it to the other side...(Bridges could be some modificated mine entrances with two exits).

Btw: trees are not respawning, right?
ElCapitan1701

Re: Bridges or ferry boats

Postby Sevenless » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:13 pm

Boats are coming we've been promised. It's quite likely that we'll have manual treeplanting at some point.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Droj » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:29 pm

Are we talking rafts, rowing boats or merchant vessels which could transport objects?
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby Sevenless » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:58 pm

Droj wrote:Are we talking rafts, rowing boats or merchant vessels which could transport objects?

Boats are all that have been promised. I'd assume there will be multiple types available and that at least one will be able to hold carry-able objects in it.

I don't think the devs are stupid, they have an idea of what we want. Jorb does play this game too I might add.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby ElCapitan1701 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:31 am

Droj wrote:Are we talking rafts, rowing boats or merchant vessels which could transport objects?

We need something to get our slide, or trees, or stones, or ore above a river, which has no no-swimming water. So yeah - it needs either a moveable boat able to transport objects. Or something like a fix crossover like a ferry boat or a bridge. I would prefer the last as it needs to be build and puts some infrastructure into Salem.
ElCapitan1701

Postby Valjean_dk » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:36 pm

Bridges are a must have.
Valjean_dk

Postby Sevenless » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:27 pm

Valjean_dk wrote:Bridges are a must have.

I'd be ok with bridges, but how would they influence boat travel? Stop it? Arching bridge? It's a pretty complicated situation.
Sevenless

Postby ElCapitan1701 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:25 am

Sevenless wrote:
Valjean_dk wrote:Bridges are a must have.

I'd be ok with bridges, but how would they influence boat travel? Stop it? Arching bridge? It's a pretty complicated situation.

Good point. So maybe some sort of ferry boat would be better. Just bind together some logs with ropes and you get a raft (with seamanship). You would need to put your slide into the rafts inventory or, at least, the chests in the slide (so you can pick up the slide). Or if you do the bridges like mine entrances with two exits there also wouldn`t be a problem (but it wouldn`t be realistic either).
ElCapitan1701

Postby staxjax » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:52 am

Build small boat, take containers from sled and put them on the boat, pick up sled, board boat...seems rather easy, no ?
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Droj » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:30 pm

aye sounds good but they should only be accessible at player constructed ferry ports.
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations