Bridges or ferry boats

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Bridges or ferry boats

Postby ShadowAtlan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:12 pm

Droj wrote:aye sounds good but they should only be accessible at player constructed ferry ports.

Err. Do you have some sort of reasoning behind that statement? I don't know why a person would have to build an entire ferry port to make one simple raft to transport a few things.
Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science.
ShadowAtlan

Postby Droj » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:55 pm

ShadowAtlan wrote:
Droj wrote:aye sounds good but they should only be accessible at player constructed ferry ports.

Err. Do you have some sort of reasoning behind that statement? I don't know why a person would have to build an entire ferry port to make one simple raft to transport a few things.

No, its a suggestion. Ferry's are to get you from A to B, I'm not talking about rafts. Rafts on the other hand should be capable of transporting only the player across any body of water.
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:04 pm

Traditionally speaking, rafts were used mostly to transport bulk goods on relatively calm waters powered by humans with poles moving it along. Ferries on the other hand were "upgraded" rafts that often carried people, goods, and "vehicles" like horse carts and wagons. Not to say that all ferries got that big, but it's the square and rectangle issue sort of. Some ferries were rafts, but not all rafts were ferries.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby pushedx » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:47 am

Bump for justice for shallow water bridges for sleds.

The start and end points can take nails, while the middle water spanning part just takes planks / wood blocks. In essence, it'd be like a flat fence in terms of how you build it.

A boat doesn't really solve the stream issues when you have a billion to cross.
pushedx

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations