[Wiki] Wiki Suggestion thread

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: [Wiki] Wiki Suggestion thread

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:42 am

Gonna get a bit of taking used to, but I really like how the new earth tones works. Can someone change the front page titles on the brown boxes to white text?
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby sabinati » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:57 am

yep, better?
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:59 am

sabinati wrote:yep, better?

Beauty. I don't mean to be lazy but I know nothing about wiki's and formatting. I'll leave it up to the pros :)
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby sabinati » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:07 am

front page is locked anyway
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:48 am

sabinati wrote:front page is locked anyway

As you can see I clearly tried to edit it :D
Sevenless

Postby McWafflez » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:38 am

Would it be possible to remove user creation logs from the recent changes, it's a rather annoying eyesore to see that account bot spam when trying to look through whats been added/changed.
Two words: Spinning Tops
McWafflez

Postby Bluestone » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:35 am

McWafflez wrote:Would it be possible to remove user creation logs from the recent changes, it's a rather annoying eyesore to see that account bot spam when trying to look through whats been added/changed.

Until sabinati looks into it you can remove all things to do with new users by selecting the namespace 'User' from the dropdown box and then checking the box 'Invert Selection' and then clicking Go:

This will also remove any changes to a User specific page from the visible list (but not their talk page, that should still show)
This would have to be done each time you view the list as well.
Don't forget to check out the Salem Wiki for all your salem information needs
Bluestone

Postby sabinati » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:59 pm

As of yesterday there is a simple captcha for account registration.
sabinati

Postby milonti » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:48 pm

sabinati wrote:As of yesterday there is a simple captcha for account registration.

Oh thank god. Now maybe the recent changes list will be useful. Is there a way you can go through your files and delete the some 500 bots or something that are registered?
milonti

Postby sabinati » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:11 pm

yes, basically just need to clean up the user table of anyone not in the emailconfirmed group.
sabinati

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations