Sitting and sleeping

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Sitting and sleeping

Postby aragaer » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:10 pm

There are still cases when you want to recover humours. For example if you've prepared a lavish meal and want to indulge in gluttony.
aragaer

Postby Bluestone » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:44 pm

staxjax wrote:
Bluestone wrote:
staxjax wrote:Get more phlegm. With 15 phlegm and labouring there is no waiting for your phlegm to regen.

I beg to differ, it depends how much digging you are doing.

No it doesnt. With 15 phlegm and labouring, eating food will regen your phlegm faster than you can lose it from digging.

When I have 15 phlegm and higher I still run out of phlegm waiting for it to refill from the food I'm constantly eating. Perhaps I just dig faster than you :D
Don't forget to check out the Salem Wiki for all your salem information needs
Bluestone

Postby staxjax » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:56 pm

I R TEH DIG MASTER.

No seriously, I been leveling land for almost 2 weeks now. After I reached 15 phlegm, labouring, metal shovel...I didn't run out of phlegm from digging any more as long as I was constantly regenerating humours. I can't dig fast enough to counteract the humour regen from foods. But that was last week, and now I have over 30 phlegm so it is non issue. Just giving advice to teh noobs.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:43 am

Mmm, I'd say that point is reached a touch higher stax, maybe 30 phlegm? What really depends is what you're doing with the dirt. If you're dumping it on sleds you need more than if you're walking 20 tiles with it.

Either way, the number is easily achievable with the current gluttony system.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby ShadowAtlan » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:48 pm

Sitting works, and I would like to make a proposal for sleeping as well. Just let skills continue to be learned, maybe at a slightly slower pace, while in a bed. As it is when I'm at the higher tiers of learning, I have to wait for some time in order for all the inspirationals I picked up to finish so I can raise stuff. The idea is that instead of idling around camp, or idling in boston, put a buncha stuff to study on and hop into bed.

I really want chairs and beds and other useless crap, just to have them. I don't even care if they do anything, I want my house to be a lot less of a BIG EMPTY ROOM WITH BOXES (and now a stove but I love the stove). I want 'em to feel more like homes :>
Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science.
ShadowAtlan

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations