@Self Defense

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

@Self Defense

Postby Megge » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:05 pm

Many Castles were supportet by a Crate of Water. Would be nice to Digg a surrounding Crate and put water in it,
I guess in the future , Swimming will drain Phelg, so it would have a good Reason to build such a Defensive Watercrate.
Megge

Re: @Self Defense

Postby Sevenless » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:08 pm

In english we call those "Moats", a ditch filled with water to protect a castle/encampment. I know devs don't let us terraform anything relating to water, the real question is why they chose to do so and what problems they forsee in allowing it.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Megge » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:16 pm

In german we Call it "Wassergraben"

I think it would be a lot more Realisitc to make the Castle more safe. Ok i could put some Torchs and "Braziers" but that's not really the Way they defend theire Castle arround 1800
Megge

Postby Sevenless » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:21 pm

Megge wrote:In german we Call it "Wassergraben"

I think it would be a lot more Realisitc to make the Castle more safe. Ok i could put some Torchs and "Braziers" but that's not really the Way they defend theire Castle arround 1800

I think the problem is envisioned abuse and the ability to make impenetrable fortresses. For the game to be anything other than static end game, there has to be a balance between fortress and sieger.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Megge » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:29 pm

Almost everyone decide to be a Ranger , because it's a free kill and you don't have to fear to get killed back. So in short words, most chickens decide to be rangers to Make Crimes with a "good" reason.
I think it's okay to make strong defense since Raiders already have a hard life. Just today i saw like 3 guys checking the Surroundings for crimes.
Megge

Postby painhertz » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:19 am

There were no castles nor moats in Colonial America. Richard Garriot had a castle built in Texas, but I digress.
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Return to Ideas & Innovations