Dry Good Changes

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Dry Good Changes

Postby pistolshrimp » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:03 pm

Make Coarse Salt weigh .5 kg. Can be ground using Any Grindstone into .5 kg Fine Salt which can be stored in Barrels and Dry Goods Bags. Recipes now call for .1 kg Fine Salt. Coarse Salt now only spawns in ocean sand.

in this same vein Sand and Black Sand should become powdery solids being dug/found in .5 kg increments with recipes calling for the same amount. Silicate compound could stay exactly the same.

Why?
Well for the salt it’s more realistic, no ones out there eating salt out of a clay pit. This also will allow Salt, Sand, Black Sand to be stored in Dry Goods Bags and Barrels; it’s always been a pet peeve of mine seeing a chest filled with Salt. Like irl how much salt would that have to be? Overall it’s just more convenient and realistic.
pistolshrimp

Re: Dry Good Changes

Postby Dallane » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:19 pm

I'd love to see mines expanded to be salt mines
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Re: Dry Good Changes

Postby Ronch » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:56 am

Dallane wrote:I'd love to see mines expanded to be salt mines

Yeah, there is a lot of room in Salem to add new feature into mines.
I like Crumps idea early this year or late last year about adding monster encounters in mines too.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Return to Ideas & Innovations