Possible solution to the haybot issue - fallow fields

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Possible solution to the haybot issue - fallow fields

Postby Sevenless » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:24 am

staxjax wrote:The reason my crops were high was because I was composting p4 deer and using the humus for fertilizer, leading me to believe that the alchemical composition of the gound had some effect on the purity improvement in the fields. After the purity wipe, I kinda stopped playing much for awhile and didn't fertilize fields. Basically just logged in to stockpile ingredients and replant, then wait a few days to do it again, all the time wondering why all the postnerf players still had ****** p1-p1.1 crops while mine were still mostly going up each generation. I figured it must be from not using any fertilizers or not mixing seeds with seedbags while they were spammming their fields with p1 hay/coal/lime and whatnot. Long behold, I was able to participate in a conversation about farming with mr. loftar and he proved my suspicions about the fertilizers.

To be fair we'd asked loftar about that in the past and he specifically told us that fertilizers had no influence :P
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations