A end or new beginning?!

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

A end or new beginning?!

Postby kailundai » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:12 am

Hello, anybody wants a server reboot/wipe?
and giving a major change
we need fresh blood to join the game
*capped proficiency (100*) -- anyone having 999 in a skill yet?
*Choice(Pilgrim/Witch) -- very cool stuff
*Biles system cap(100*) -- anyone having 999 biles yet?
*Easy raiding( older player easily having multiple base, dont you worry)
--- all of the above is mainly follow on trend (most of the game is like this nowadays) ofc this game is very different in mechanic
More people means more money, fast update etc ( some of the games like RUST, a very good example to follow for)

we need the game be a bit fast pace
its grindy like runescape but really incomparable to it.
Thanks
kailundai

Re: A end or new beginning?!

Postby Methuzelah23 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:20 am

Server wipe would not change anything meaningfully.

Prof and Biles cap is absurd.

There is already a choice between a pilgrim or a witch.

"Easy" raiding would end up with the killing of most of the remaining playerbase. Though, reverting to pre jinglebomb mechanics would certainly liven things up. It was during that time we had the most activity.
Darwoth wrote:easily the best and longest standing rivalry i have ever had in a single game.Thanks for being a top quality nemesis and group leader on both servers, the best 1v1 pvp opponent i have squared off against as well.
Methuzelah23
Master Carpenter

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:13 pm

Once upon a time i had a town mate that had over 2k in herbs and sprouts.
Fun time procing all those 0 on pots with that high proficiency. A person would say its RIGGED
Last edited by ZoddAlmighty on Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Rifmaster » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:45 pm

This game isn't meant to be like rust. It's supposed to be slow, because that is what makes actions in the game meaningful. It hurts a lot more to lose a salem base than a rust base. It's also much more rewarding to raid a salem base than a rust base. This game DOESN'T follow the trend, that's why much of the playerbase plays it, it's unique. Why change the unique parts and turn it into a bad version of a bunch of other games?
Rifmaster

Postby yozzik » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:58 pm

I wonder what we are talking about in abscence of JC?

And yes, go Rust and Minecraft. This game is intended to be slow and meaningful.
yozzik

Postby kailundai » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:39 am

Rifmaster wrote:This game isn't meant to be like rust. It's supposed to be slow, because that is what makes actions in the game meaningful. It hurts a lot more to lose a salem base than a rust base. It's also much more rewarding to raid a salem base than a rust base. This game DOESN'T follow the trend, that's why much of the playerbase plays it, it's unique. Why change the unique parts and turn it into a bad version of a bunch of other games?

I agree too, but majority of the player-base doesn't.
Its all comes to survival now, maybe this game shut down next day you never know.
Money is the true fact to make things happen :C

Prob JC gave up on this, less than 100 people playing it Xd
kailundai

Postby Rifmaster » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:27 am

No. Perhaps 15 noobs that started playing yesterday might think it would be better that way, but nobody with 2 brain cells and some experience playing the game wants a top down version of rust.
The game just needs to be fixed to the point where providence is actually an interesting place with real PvP. Salem is missing constant drama and the fun of being in conflict with other players, which it lost a couple of years ago.
Rifmaster

Postby gorniksam » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:02 am

+1
gorniksam

Postby Methuzelah23 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:34 am

Rifmaster wrote:Salem is missing constant drama and the fun of being in conflict with other players, which it lost a couple of years ago.

This. And you don't even have to take rif or anyone elses word for it, it's extremely obvious just looking at logins/forum activity during that time period, and then seeing the decline in the following months after jinglebombs. The people that remained after that just had more and more changed on them to make providence a more stale environment, instead of its once dynamic one.

Rifmaster wrote:The game just needs to be fixed to the point where providence is actually an interesting place with real PvP

+1
Darwoth wrote:easily the best and longest standing rivalry i have ever had in a single game.Thanks for being a top quality nemesis and group leader on both servers, the best 1v1 pvp opponent i have squared off against as well.
Methuzelah23
Master Carpenter

Postby Judaism » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:15 am

Sadly JC is always right, none of the massive chances ever got adjusted even slightly and now he's basically (minus a few weeks) inactive since 2015. That also goes for most serious players, this game once had. At this point we'd need a significant more interesting game-state than it was anno 2015. Its not for nothing that so many people have distanced themselves from this game and the dev-team, the feedback from, veterams has always been fully ignored by JC and they have done everything to dodge the balancing aspects of this game.

Instead they opted for a temporary cash-cow, so they would get maximum profit from the carebears and nuke the cool and unique features Salem had to the ground.
I strongly believe that they initially had a different purpose, but once they had eliminated their old group members (Candy Gang, MM tribe and some other people) JC slowly changed his attitude, into something his past self would absolutely would strongly condemn.

Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.

Yet they have done exactly that, while completely failing in their obligations and promises to make Salem a better place. JC has single handedly ruined this game, while fully being aware of it and ignoring literally everyone. Hence not only ignoring them, also generally ***** them on purpose and heading to the opposite direction.

In my opinion the game still has potential if its going back to its roots and adding the content there, so drama and end-game events will be interesting again. Would the current dev-team be able to do this, I think most likely not, nor do I think JC will ever drop his pride and admit that he failed, so permanent silence might be the better option, while putting development on zero with still some monthly income from the game to cover up the initial development and take-over.

Hence, since Meow and Marp were not getting paid, he might have even made money at this point. We are talking about tops 6-7 months game-development and if I recall the top 10 pool payments from 2014-2016 must have netted in the 5 digit numbers.

Yes I am still sour on those cunts (mainly JC), for ruining this game for their personal gains/feelings. I know its amazing to become a developer of a game, you once loved and played. But ***** you very much for ruining it and ignoring literally everyone for nearly 5 years. Game was most likely better off under Jorb/Loftar at this point. (which was also bad, but at least they made slow and steady changes with regular tweaking and adapting)
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations