Three Innovating Balances!

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Three Innovating Balances!

Postby MaxPlanck » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:52 pm

Have you ever wondered.
Yes? Good, all Salem players should wonder about mechanics and whatnot to strive in this somewhat ?forgiving? game.

But lets talk about balancing those mechanics that those have yet to wonder about.
Three specific mechanics I have in mind and they are;

Containers & Gardening Pots & (Other simple actions)

1. Containers
Isn't it strange that we instantly open a closed container?
It's pretty obvious that for the sake of immersion and of course, BALANCE, that containers should take from 0.5 seconds to 1.0 seconds to open and see inside, aswell as the same timeframe to then close said container after you are done.
And don't forget the spiffy animations to go along with it!!! Container animations! Player opening/closing animations!! The player even looks like he's searching through the container while you have it open!!!

I know, I know. Such immersion seems like it would be to good to be true, but don't forget about the wonderful balance that comes with said change.
And that change is. INCREASED CONTAINER SIZE. But how much bigger you ask? Good question my fellow Salemites, I believe 2x the size for all current containers would be quite reasonable, and of course for more balancing the material cost will be increased aswell.

Riveting? Quite indeed. Lets move on though shall we?

----------------------------------------------------------

2. Gardening Pots

Lets keep this short and simple. Gardening pots, and fields. Whats the big difference between the two?
Too hard of a question? Thats alright, I will explain just for you.

Gardening pots take no time to plant! Instantaneous! Now, I don't know about you but surely it takes at least some time for a person to properly plant a potable within a pot.
Surely indeed, and so...
Gardening pots final planting part ought to take 1/4 or 25% the normal time it takes to plant crops on a field!
Such splendid balances no doubt! And you might be wondering, but what about the time it takes to place humus/water on fields/gardening pots? Now now, we can't change everything, too much immersion and balance will make the game too popular!

We have one other tidbit of balance to express, so onforth we shall go.

(Other simple actions)

Lets talk about water. Important for the body, important for the Salem too!
Now take a bucket and grab some water. Isn't it odd how we just instantly gather the liquid from a body of water?
But then we take a look at Wells. It takes so long to gather water you might aswell shoot your foot off and send your children off to the military after they've grown up before you get done.
So, as your faithful Salem Wiseman, I propose a change to both of these, and of course...never forget the immersion!

Let me go a bit further into detail of course with this.
Think of a sifting pan. Okay, good. Now think of gathering buckets of water. Now, combine the two mechanics together.

Place an empty bucket in your hand and use the new "GATHER WATER" function, similar to "SIFTING" but instead it fills up every empty bucket in your inventory with water and then stops! Just like sifting the current rubble in your inventory! Brilliant I must say! And of course, balance changes call for great immersion aswell!

-Gather water from bodies of water with the speed of the store sifting pan.
-Gather water from wells with the speed of the player-made sifting pan.

--------------------------------------------------

And with that comes the conclusion of these humble and innovative balances. Have a good day Salem.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Re: Three Innovating Balances!

Postby Taipion » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:21 pm

So what is that?

Mr. Ragequit himself can't stand the thought that people still play and.... enjoy :o Salem?!

...so he has to suggest ugly 3 things to make everyone else quit also?!

Maybe he's just going frakked lvl of posting and got drunk and did this.... we will probably never know...

[edit:] Hurry, everyone! Go to the HnH Forums and suggest equally retarded changes in retaliation!!!
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Ronch » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:46 pm

MaxPlunk is an obsessed O.C. tard, who keeps spending all of his medication aid-money on Pokemon cards.
(Our tax money hard at work)
...He can't even troll effectively, it's sad, I'm almost feeling pity for him.
It would be a waste of energy to start an inter-forum war over him and his petty noneffective BS.
Last edited by Ronch on Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Taipion » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:59 pm

Ronch wrote:It would be a waste of energy to start an inter-forum war over him and his petty BS.
:lol:
I wasn't being serious, as this whole thread is obviously not serious.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby MaxPlanck » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:57 pm

Taipion wrote:
Ronch wrote:It would be a waste of energy to start an inter-forum war over him and his petty BS.
I wasn't being serious, as this whole thread is obviously not serious.

Wow so rude. This is super serious balances. People always complain about not having enough storage with their "ADD THIS TO STOCKBIN PLZ"
And what about Gardening Pots?! I was the master herbs & sprouts gardener. I think I know better than any other that it needs a good kick in the shin.

And don't forget the buckets/wells! Super serious about that one, isn't it annoying have to manually pick up the water so many times? And what about Wells? They are the epitome of garbage for usefulness and with all the free "water" people get around "christmas" when it thaws out in January and makes them even more obsolete.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Taipion » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:16 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:I was the master herbs & sprouts gardener.

That's wrong, I was the HnS profession master, until that lowly **** TM bowed to darwat the attention ***** again and removed master masons.

And if you actually are serious about these "suggestions" then we need to define a new illness, as you seem to have caught the same thing as frakked and so on... it deserves a name...
Taipion

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:00 am

Just cause you applied publicly for the title on the forums when it was a thing you could do doesn't mean anything :lol:

Tbh, the only suggestion I was actually somewhat serious about when making up this thread was changing buckets and how you collect water.
The other 2 were memes to rile up the forum warriors.

Anyway, just having high points in a proficiency doesn't mean you understand how to balance it anyway. I could easily have farmed any proficiency to 2k+ like cloak and dagger and then tried to make some ***** threads on the mason forum about how to balance PvP and raiding when I know less than others about it just because I hunted a **** ton of deers/bears to farm stringy sinew potions to lvl up said proficiency.

I 100% agree with Darwoth getting it shutdown because ppl think their opinions on a certain subject are somehow more important because of the way the Master Masons worked.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Taipion » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:08 am

MaxPlanck wrote:Just cause you applied publicly for the title on the forums when it was a thing you could do doesn't mean anything :lol:

Tbh, the only suggestion I was actually somewhat serious about when making up this thread was changing buckets and how you collect water.
The other 2 were memes to rile up the forum warriors.

Anyway, just having high points in a proficiency doesn't mean you understand how to balance it anyway. I could easily have farmed any proficiency to 2k+ like cloak and dagger and then tried to make some ***** threads on the mason forum about how to balance PvP and raiding when I know less than others about it just because I hunted a **** ton of deers/bears to farm stringy sinew potions to lvl up said proficiency.

I 100% agree with Darwoth getting it shutdown because ppl think their opinions on a certain subject are somehow more important because of the way the Master Masons worked.

Your condescending tone reliably destroys any honest intentions you may have, if any.
You ragequit, your decision, and that means nothing you think or say matters, at least not for anything in Salem.
Taipion

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:10 am

Don't play the victim if you can't handle it then.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Ronch » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:11 am

Victim, lol
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations