Three Innovating Balances!

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Three Innovating Balances!

Postby Dallane » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:02 am

lachlaan wrote:Noob ideas tbh. I for one believe that in order to entirely eliminate Westpine's style of nolife botting we need minigames for everything.

Are you able to prove that the town in question were in fact using bots?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby belgear » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:42 am

MaxPlanck wrote:
belgear wrote:the gift of being able to auto draw water for it taking a moment to fill up would be fantastic for people who play with multiple clients open. If you can't see that, I dunno what you are smoking but I would love some. The containers, too. I normally remember where I put my ****, so having a chest that was 50 spaces instead of 25 would be awesome even if it did take half a second to open

Ikr, thank you Belgear for responding properly to these ideas rather than bickering like Tampon who can't even bother to come up with any counter-arguments or defend himself from the truths I speak of other than the fact that I'm Max the RageQuitter.

I take all that time to respond to what he writes and he just repeats the same ol' things he had to say from his first ever reply to the thread. I know I enjoy dumping on kids but this is just too easy I can't even have fun with making fun of Tampon. I might just have to give up on insulting him because he appears to be as stupid as Heffernan when it comes to what he says.

Not to brag or anything but I could collect 40+ buckets of water in like 5 seconds with the current system from by having just buckets in my inventory along with auto-organize on, placing the inventories topleft edge right next to my character, zooming in fairly close, and then spam rightclicking back and forth insanely fast by moving just a few pixels between the bucket in inventory and water(without the clients autobucket feature that already exists)

Basically what I'm saying is, even for someone who could collect water at stupidly high speeds I still think the bucket idea is a good idea, especially as Belgear said about multiclienting. The last time I spent filling a water tower for an hour straight I wanted to die because I literally spam-farmed water with the absurd amount of clicking by using egg yolk/honey to carry 400+ L of water back and forth from Providence and a temporary leanto I placed right next to the said water tower.

We have a lake within our base (NOT man made, the position was well thought out before the base was constructed) that I use a cart with barrels + 40 buckets in my inventory to move water to the water tower for a total of around... 2400 clicks? to fill the water tower. If I could halve the clicks my mouse and hand would greatly appreciate it. Specially since I could be doing other things while filling instead of it taking all my attention. TBH now it is starting to sound like too nice of a thing
belgear
Customer

Postby lachlaan » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:01 am

Dallane wrote:
lachlaan wrote:Noob ideas tbh. I for one believe that in order to entirely eliminate Westpine's style of nolife botting we need minigames for everything.

Are you able to prove that the town in question were in fact using bots?

Can't speak for the people that did industry related things as I didn't spend enough time around them to observe their behaviour, but I'm pretty sure that one guy with the char called Eric Cartman, or Kyle Broflovski or something, had some sort of exploration bot. He just kept wandering for hours on end and murdering the wildlife and made me store all his **** in boxes.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations