Raiding renovation for Providence.

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Raiding renovation for Providence.

Postby NeiroShop » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:18 am

Dallane wrote:
Taipion wrote:crying for effortless easymode raiding,


I don't think anyone wants easy mode raiding but anything then what we have now which is basically a second job would be amazing.

I think one massive disconnect in the pve vs pvp people in regards to raiding is that the PvE people think that everyone just wants to wipe out a base when that is far from the case. Raiding someone is just that. Stealing their ****. Breaking into a town and summoning someone. I think that what is currently in place to stop people from totally destroying a town is fairly decent. Unfortunately the time and effort required for breaking walls while dealing with braziers is just not worth it at all.


This is exactly what i wanted to accomplish. However reading heffs thread folks like rif just want walls go down fast and then what theyll Walk in whack the bell put down theirs & go damm only took a couple hours to take what it took months för this dude to build. If ive misunderstood something instead of low effort insults tell me what would fix things xcept having expedition mechanics on prov.
User avatar
NeiroShop
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:16 am

Re: Raiding renovation for Providence.

Postby Dallane » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:16 am

NeiroShop wrote: tell me what would fix things xcept having expedition mechanics on prov.


You should test the current mechanics out first and then get a actual opinion on it
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 15037
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Raiding renovation for Providence.

Postby nosfirebird » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:14 pm

all that needs fixing is crits from defense objects then it would be balanced. im not saying stop crits im saying it should only be around 5% for tp's 10-12% for braziers not 35% for both. tp's can be spammed easily walls are fine as is 30 mins for stone 45 for plank couple hours for brick.

but honestly why are people still talking about fixing raiding i have talked with jc several times about it and he is fine with where its at prov is pve expeditions are pvp
nosfirebird
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:47 am

Re: Raiding renovation for Providence.

Postby Rifmaster » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:39 am

nosfirebird wrote:prov is pve expeditions are pvp


JohnCarver wrote:We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers.


sad
User avatar
Rifmaster
 
Posts: 1630
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:13 am
Location: Chernobyl

Re: Raiding renovation for Providence.

Postby nosfirebird » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:07 am

Rifmaster wrote:
nosfirebird wrote:prov is pve expeditions are pvp


JohnCarver wrote:We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers.


sad

he is the dev when he took over he didnt want to institute pay to win models or PvE servers... over the course of a few years he changed his mind and is ok with prov being pve if you dont like it move to a diff game like everyone else.
nosfirebird
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:47 am

Re: Raiding renovation for Providence.

Postby Taipion » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:18 am

nosfirebird wrote:all that needs fixing is crits from defense objects then it would be balanced. im not saying stop crits im saying it should only be around 5% for tp's 10-12% for braziers not 35% for both. tp's can be spammed easily walls are fine as is 30 mins for stone 45 for plank couple hours for brick.

but honestly why are people still talking about fixing raiding i have talked with jc several times about it and he is fine with where its at prov is pve expeditions are pvp


35% crit chance.... :lol:
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion
 
Posts: 2251
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: Raiding renovation for Providence.

Postby nosfirebird » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:12 am

Taipion wrote:
nosfirebird wrote:all that needs fixing is crits from defense objects then it would be balanced. im not saying stop crits im saying it should only be around 5% for tp's 10-12% for braziers not 35% for both. tp's can be spammed easily walls are fine as is 30 mins for stone 45 for plank couple hours for brick.

but honestly why are people still talking about fixing raiding i have talked with jc several times about it and he is fine with where its at prov is pve expeditions are pvp


35% crit chance.... :lol:

not chance its current bb damage and im pretty sure you knew that. its dumb that you can have 1k bb get x2 crit on first volley and your down to 400bb and thats just the first volley you havnt done any damage to the wall. sure you can drain it with 40 chars opening a box for hours on end but who the ***** would do that to get through a single layer of walls. but makes no sense to keep talking about raiding since prov is pve
nosfirebird
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:47 am

Re: Raiding renovation for Providence.

Postby Taipion » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:22 am

nosfirebird wrote:
Taipion wrote:
nosfirebird wrote:all that needs fixing is crits from defense objects then it would be balanced. im not saying stop crits im saying it should only be around 5% for tp's 10-12% for braziers not 35% for both. tp's can be spammed easily walls are fine as is 30 mins for stone 45 for plank couple hours for brick.

but honestly why are people still talking about fixing raiding i have talked with jc several times about it and he is fine with where its at prov is pve expeditions are pvp


35% crit chance.... :lol:

not chance its current bb damage and im pretty sure you knew that. its dumb that you can have 1k bb get x2 crit on first volley and your down to 400bb and thats just the first volley you havnt done any damage to the wall. sure you can drain it with 40 chars opening a box for hours on end but who the ***** would do that to get through a single layer of walls. but makes no sense to keep talking about raiding since prov is pve


Wasn't it 30% and not 35% though?

And that kind of "balancing" is a question of if a 2-3k bb char should be able to walk straight though any walls, regardless of defence, because that's what happens if you'd nerf the crit too far.

And on top of that, we'd need to get JCs attention back first, and fix some more serious problems like several defence-drain-exploits, witches, and some other things before thinking of raiding balance...
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion
 
Posts: 2251
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: Raiding renovation for Providence.

Postby nosfirebird » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:42 am

Taipion wrote:
nosfirebird wrote:
Taipion wrote:
nosfirebird wrote:all that needs fixing is crits from defense objects then it would be balanced. im not saying stop crits im saying it should only be around 5% for tp's 10-12% for braziers not 35% for both. tp's can be spammed easily walls are fine as is 30 mins for stone 45 for plank couple hours for brick.

but honestly why are people still talking about fixing raiding i have talked with jc several times about it and he is fine with where its at prov is pve expeditions are pvp


35% crit chance.... :lol:

not chance its current bb damage and im pretty sure you knew that. its dumb that you can have 1k bb get x2 crit on first volley and your down to 400bb and thats just the first volley you havnt done any damage to the wall. sure you can drain it with 40 chars opening a box for hours on end but who the ***** would do that to get through a single layer of walls. but makes no sense to keep talking about raiding since prov is pve


Wasn't it 30% and not 35% though?

And that kind of "balancing" is a question of if a 2-3k bb char should be able to walk straight though any walls, regardless of defence, because that's what happens if you'd nerf the crit too far.

And on top of that, we'd need to get JCs attention back first, and fix some more serious problems like several defence-drain-exploits, witches, and some other things before thinking of raiding balance...


yes the exploits with draining needs to be fixed(if you get hit by a defense structure it resets your crime debuff to full that should be ez to do)
they wouldnt be able to walk through layers of walls at 2k bb getting crit 10 times from tp's and 5 times with braziers (100 tp's 50 braziers) at 5% tp 10% brazier would be less then 707bb(only crits still have 90tp and 40 brazier noncrit dmg) as it is now that amount of structures hitting you would insta k/o you. i brought this to the attention of jc and he said to drain from the edge which no one will do since no one has that amount of time(plus the defender(s) just have to spend a few mins to refill what took the drainers 10+ hrs to drain). and thats just a single layer
nosfirebird
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:47 am

Re: Raiding renovation for Providence.

Postby Dallane » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:55 am

nosfirebird wrote: over the course of a few years he changed his mind and is ok with prov being pve if you dont like it move to a diff game like everyone else.


He is still on record saying he will rebalance pvp to be more fair and interesting.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 15037
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests