Raiding renovation for Providence.

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Raiding renovation for Providence.

Postby Ronch » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:05 am

belgear wrote:So ***** off with your assumptions

Maybe later, I am kind of busy ATM.
I am flattered though, so thanks. ¦]
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Judaism » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:06 am

Ronch wrote:No I do not see it, but only because logic, discernment and effective communication rules my very large world, not pity-parties.

It is most certainly a bummer why you can't see why I am not really willing to go deeper into a discussion with personalities like yourself. I tried to apply logic and effective communication but you seem simply unwilling. You are a very focal and persistent guy, formulating an opinion about everything and anything. You also think that your opinion is worth as much as any veterans who actually has had the experience and has seen this game evolve to the current state. Where as you are just a new player, don't even know the game's development, all the history and all the old people playing. The entire back-story is so crucial to me at least.

Obviously I have issues debating against made up lies and theories with people that lack the knowledge about relevant mechanics to even formulate a proper opinion. I do not have to share my intent, but it most certainly is not to influence towards an unbalanced game. I do not enjoy cake-walks, just like I did not enjoy Concord as much as I should had due to broken mechanics. I want to see improvements instead of bad changes and I have formulated an opinion over many years, I have spoken with many people, most of them long quit, some of them are still playing and up till today that opinion still mildly shifts directions every now and then.

After many years I do however think to have a rough grip on the issues and how they could be solved. Unlike a guy like yourself who is spouting a lot of assumptions, statements, lies and insults. Mine are a lot more based upon experience, knowledge, previous debates and old-mechanics.

What you are doing is not going to get this topic anywhere and I think it is a total disgrace. This is a heavily debated topic over the past years and stating that it is a pity party, despite literally hundreds of topics regarding it is just so rude. It is fine to state your opinion about idea's, that is what we are here for but you are obviously fairly clueless about most of it. No its not quantum physics but it is not easy either. That is why still so many people end up dying and getting raided, it is because there are still many hidden mechanics and so many people lack knowledge about a few tricks.

Meaning; get over yourself, it's not all about you dude.

First I have to say that you get an A+ for effort :D ...but a D- for content :cry:
Don't give up though, I've heard that shock therapy does indeed work.

but coming from you I sincerely doubt it.

OMG, your idea (if you want to call it an idea)

try to get rid of this very stale brain-fart out of your system

other than reading you post more self-serving babble.

Belgear, your crybaby approach to problems will be much more accepted and supported while comfortably wallowing in your daily self-gratifying validation sessions on discord than it be here on the game's public forum.

only exacerbate the problem to feel validated in their poor-me pity-parties.

That my friend is not something which I call ''Logic or effective communication'', not when you don't even understand the mechanics, thoughts or intent behind most of it.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Ronch » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:11 am

@ Juda,

First I am not your friend, period. I am way to familiar with your moral character from a previous game that you played to even chance a friendship with you, now, in the past or in the future.

Second, quoting someone out of context makes it very easy to portray what ever you wish to portray about a person.
Only a twisted snow-flake or an idiot will fall for that ply.

Third, you are extremely fickle to the point of being neurotic from minute to minute. It seems that you have a different flavor of feelings about this game with each passing hour.
Just hours ago you were pretentiously slamming this game as being dead and hopeless on another forum board here, yet an hour before you were defending your not-so-brilliant ideas on how to improve your experience in this game at the cost of most of your fellow Salemite's.
...Just reading the last few pages of your posting history says all that needs to be said on what a fabricating liar you are about yourself and other folks and or events.
You are still the same resentful double minded cheating fool that you were over two years ago when I first encountered you and quickly ran you out of the last MMO that both of us played,
Last edited by Ronch on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ronch

Postby TheDuke86 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:14 am

Juda says he hardly enjoyed concord, haha what a stupid *****. After spending 1 out of three months of total play time on concord, he “hardly liked it.” Wow what a looser.
WWJCD; What Would John Carver Do!
-The Duke
TheDuke86

Postby Ronch » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:16 am

He's not just stupid and pretentious, he also thinks everyone else is just as dumb as he is, or even dumber.
Ronch

Postby TheDuke86 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:20 am

Ronch wrote:He's not just stupid and pretentious, he also thinks everyone else is just as dumb as he is, or even dumber.

He’s just being a typical Zionist and trying to be deceptively clever to weasel his way into JC’s ear.
WWJCD; What Would John Carver Do!
-The Duke
TheDuke86

Postby Versato » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:53 am

I've been reading the posts on this thread for a few days now and by no means am I going to comment or disprove of anyone's arguments.

Before reading any further, I'm quite new and a complete noob when it comes to raiding and base defence. Therefore my post may be naive due to inexperience.

I would like to run some ideas past you guys that I've come up with:

- The ability to destroy defensive structures (Braziers / Torchposts) beyond their range, but to the extent that it becomes quite expensive to destroy a large amount of them (i.e. making it possible to remove defences on a section of a base). I was personally thinking of a mini-mortar or similar, something that can be carried as a backpack slot but weights considerably, and needs gunpowder and ammo to fire.

EDIT: Does the catapult currently perform this task ?

- The introduction of the "Artillery" skill mentioned on the wiki - A way to more efficiently destroy walls to enable easier base raiding while allowing the defender time to prepare / retaliate.

From what I've gathered trying to raid a base is simply impossible as of now. I believe that any attacker should be able to breach a wall if they're willing to invest enough and risk the consequences.

I'd love to hear your opinions on these.
Versato

Postby JoanXena » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:12 am

Versato wrote:I've been reading the posts on this thread for a few days now and by no means am I going to comment or disprove of anyone's arguments.

Before reading any further, I'm quite new and a complete noob when it comes to raiding and base defence. Therefore my post may be naive due to inexperience.

I would like to run some ideas past you guys that I've come up with:

- The ability to destroy defensive structures (Braziers / Torchposts) beyond their range, but to the extent that it becomes quite expensive to destroy a large amount of them (i.e. making it possible to remove defences on a section of a base). I was personally thinking of a mini-mortar or similar, something that can be carried as a backpack slot but weights considerably, and needs gunpowder and ammo to fire.

EDIT: Does the catapult currently perform this task ?

- The introduction of the "Artillery" skill mentioned on the wiki - A way to more efficiently destroy walls to enable easier base raiding while allowing the defender time to prepare / retaliate.

From what I've gathered trying to raid a base is simply impossible as of now. I believe that any attacker should be able to breach a wall if they're willing to invest enough and risk the consequences.

I'd love to hear your opinions on these.

or something able to disable them for a short period of time or a consumable (snort gold dust??) of some sort to make their effects not as harsh.

This is a good point to turn what should be a serious discussion back in to such instead of a bunch of inflammatory monkeys jerking each other off.

There are LOADS of directions that raiding could be taken. It really all comes down to "what is a reasonable investment for a reasonable return" and we have to ask ourselves as a community what exactly is the real return of raiding. What is the vision for what that return should be? Should there ever be a clear 'winner' in any given situation?
JoanXena

Postby Chrumps » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:18 am

JoanXena wrote:There are LOADS of directions that raiding could be taken. It really all comes down to "what is a reasonable investment for a reasonable return" and we have to ask ourselves as a community what exactly is the real return of raiding. What is the vision for what that return should be? Should there ever be a clear 'winner' in any given situation?

This.

My personal preference is to shift large part of the massive effort from breaking the walls toward breaking the claim (be it village or town). Right now, once walls are down destroying both vclaim and tclaim is almost immediate and that usually leads to complete destruction of the base. With easier access but with much harder claim destruction armed robbery will become possible. This should come with reducing consequences of a single larceny or vandal scent so PvPers are less carebearish about their precious chars.

Also:
- removing alts is a pipe dream. There is no way to prevent having multiple accounts. Playing multiple chars at once requires multiple accounts anyway.
- arguing about not warning defenders in advance also does not make much sense. Currently there are multiple ways of smuggling valuable stuff outside the claim. If walls hold only for a while it is always possible to drop stuff to the ground.

And, yeah, I did raid a few stonewalled bases in the past, some of them, surprisingly active. Stopped as soon as I realized i took me several hours to get in and also several hours to pick all that **** to make it economically viable.
My position here is to provide a kind of claim which at the cost of warning and offline waiting 24 hours would soften defences, so I can trade offline waiting for active watching how damage trickles down over several hours.
Chrumps

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:02 pm

Man, debating with Ronch takes atlest 25 points od IQ points for a brief period of time.
Thats how he wins. Draging us down in the gutter and wining on experiance.
ZoddAlmighty

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations