Raiding renovation for Providence.

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Raiding renovation for Providence.

Postby nosfirebird » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:07 am

Dallane wrote:
nosfirebird wrote: over the course of a few years he changed his mind and is ok with prov being pve if you dont like it move to a diff game like everyone else.

He is still on record saying he will rebalance pvp to be more fare and interesting.

dont think he has the time nor expertise to do that sry. to make it more fair he would have to figure out a way to fix ping differential. the eu people have a large advantage over americans. last fight i was in i wasnt able to stun anyone because i kept getting stunned by ppl who from my end was just raising their foot while i was finishing my stomp but every time i was the one who got stunned
nosfirebird

Postby Taipion » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:27 pm

Dallane wrote:
nosfirebird wrote: over the course of a few years he changed his mind and is ok with prov being pve if you dont like it move to a diff game like everyone else.

He is still on record saying he will rebalance pvp to be more fair and interesting.

I do remember....

JohnCarver wrote:[...]we are here

I would happily do it raiding 10 bases a day----------------------I hate my life----------------------------------------------------There is no chance in hell I would use this system
<.....................................................................................................................................................X.............................................>

With the new system we are here

I would happily do it raiding 10 bases a day-----------------------I hate my life----------------------------------------------------There is no chance in hell I would use this system
<..................................................................................................X...................................................,.............................................>

Is that still the margin of "more easy raiding" he is going for?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Dallane » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:43 pm

Taipion wrote:Is that still the margin of "more easy raiding" he is going for?

At this point anything other than what we have is a step in the right direction. I don't think the difficulty isn't the main problem here. It's how eye bleeding boring it is with almost zero payoff. The time spent working on a wall doesn't give that reward sensation your brain craves. What was explained to me by JC awhile ago was still time intensive but very involved and fun.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby nosfirebird » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:49 pm

Dallane wrote:
Taipion wrote:Is that still the margin of "more easy raiding" he is going for?

At this point anything other than what we have is a step in the right direction. I don't think the difficulty isn't the main problem here. It's how eye bleeding boring it is with almost zero payoff. The time spent working on a wall doesn't give that reward sensation your brain craves. What was explained to me by JC awhile ago was still time intensive but very involved and fun.

lol jc's thought of fun is extremely tedious grinding
nosfirebird

Postby Taipion » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:16 pm

nosfirebird wrote:lol jc's thought of fun is extremely tedious grinding

Isn't that what Salem is all about?! :D
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Ronch » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:34 pm

Although I do think that the base crit % chance for braziers and TP's will be tweaked as soon as the game's population offers consistent/persistent AND 'reason-based' ideas on it in constructive feedback.

Even for a noob-player like myself, it is more than apparent that JC thinks and maintains that Towns or any sizable personal claim which takes months or more to make defendable, shouldn't be subject to destruction overnight. ( except via mod-powers :shock: )
...If easy-mode-raiders cannot deal with that, then walk away and go tell mommy all about it.

Look:
This game (currently/now/already) offers more than one way to skin a cat... besides breaching any of the layers of security of another player's base. there are so many other ways to bring justice, revenge or some sort of soothing to a player's vendetta toward 'any' enemy player in this game.
...If easy-mode-raiders cannot deal with that either, then walk away and go tell mommy all about it.

Also,
Only an idiot will assume that JC isn't keeping up to date on reading these forum boards during his 'public' absence.
...If a few players here cannot deal with the fact that JC is 100% human, and takes well-deserved breaks from the small minority of disgruntled-fool-farm players mixed in with this game's larger mature/adult population, then walk away and go tell mommy all about it.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby nosfirebird » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:42 am

Ronch wrote:Although I do think that the base crit % chance for braziers and TP's will be tweaked as soon as the game's population offers consistent/persistent AND 'reason-based' ideas on it in constructive feedback.

crit chance is fine its the %damage thats the issue. and the games pop will never offer agreeable constructive feedback the pop is split between people who want to raid and people who dont want to raid and dont want to get raided.
nosfirebird

Postby Ronch » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:36 am

nosfirebird wrote:crit chance is fine its the %damage thats the issue.

I do not know what % of BB is taken from a brazier or TP crit on a player ?

But I do know an active player who I trust, that claims to have 4k BB character, and that makes me strongly believe that the crit % of damage should definitely remain based on the offender's BB. <--- reason based feedback
...So again; I do think that the base crit % chance of braziers and TP's will be tweaked to address the consensus complaint of brazier and TP crits.

nosfirebird wrote: the games pop will never offer agreeable constructive feedback the pop is split between people who want to raid and people who dont want to raid and dont want to get raided.

Biased or selfish feedback is always going to be offered, but it can easily be recognized by it having no "reason based" idea or idea's present in the offered feedback.
It's just something that has to be weeded through, exposed or rebuked.
Ronch

Postby nosfirebird » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:24 am

Ronch wrote: player who I trust, that claims to have 4k BB character, and that makes me strongly believe that the crit % of damage should definitely remain based on the offender's BB. <--- reason based feedback
...So again; I do think that the base crit % chance of braziers and TP's will be tweaked to address the consensus complaint of brazier and TP crits.

It's just something that has to be weeded through, exposed or rebuked.

honestly i would say set a date and time bring everyone to prov set up 200tp's 30 braziers and keep adjusting until the majority of players are ok with crits then wipe the server making it so people cant build in caves increase spacing of fruit trees and everything else that jc doesnt like. that would breath new life into the game its supposed to be a hardcore pvp sandbox game.
nosfirebird

Postby Ronch » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:15 am

nosfirebird wrote:
honestly i would say set a date and time bring everyone to prov set up 200tp's 30 braziers and keep adjusting until the majority of players are ok with crits then wipe the server making it so people cant build in caves increase spacing of fruit trees and everything else that jc doesnt like. that would breath new life into the game its supposed to be a hardcore pvp sandbox game.

Hey, I'll support your suggestion to test the damage of braziers and TP in a controlled environment, even though that could already easily be done inside of each expedition server past and present.
But, your suggestion of a wipe is fallacious if you consider the countless amount of store purchases that have already been made by players. (a lot if not all of those purchased items would simply disappear in a wipe) so yeah, that part would not breath new life into the game as you suggested, but would cause an exodus from it, and would also probably bring more than one legal recourse too.

As for what you claim this game is "supposed" to be, it isn't helping your case here at all, it is divisive and excluding the vast majority of player's play-styles in the game.
Even though folks can justifiably say that it is a hardcore PvP sandbox game, at the same time other folk's could justifiably say that it is a hardcore crafting sandbox game with PvP.
Meaning, It is definitely a hardcore game, but only hardcore in that it has full loot permadeath.
...It has PvP and raiding, but it also has ongoing base-building competition, PvE crafting tiers, PvE farming tiers, hunting and fishing, player shop-stalls, and many, many incentives to explore the map and even build at more than one location on it's extremely large map too.
It also has a rather creepy but unique and intriguing player-witchcraft feature(s) too, so...
What it is, is an all inclusive "hardcore" game period. And why many folks get so passionate about it IMO.

Personally I enjoy having PvP and raiding options available to me and I'll have no problem paying the price for raiding someone's base when I decide to either.
But, I prefer to get my satisfaction in that area by using the many various cloak and dagger options available to me in this game to do those sort of deeds.
Ronch

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations