Raiding renovation for Providence.

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Raiding renovation for Providence.

Postby NeiroShop » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:44 am

Greetings. Lately salem discord been full of old vets that play little or none at all but whine about how raiding on the Providence server is too hard so ive been thinking about how to fix such a thing. However all the whiners have in common that they want to be able to wipe a base that took ages to make, In a lot less time for the raiders. I think this is flawed and quite frankly silly so i wont respond nor comment to similar statements.

Instead ive been thinking that raiding on providence was never meant to be able to wipe someone out in 1 go but instead harass, Steal & make life miserable for whoever is the intendend target. We already have some harrassment options ingame.

I'd like to suggest that walls would take less time to breach, Braziers go back to not critting. However MOVING on a pclaim would drain a lot of blackbile with the number increasing for every say 5 steps. It might sound silly at first that trespassing would require a lot of black bile and it does not really make sense using real life logic however ingame thatd mean that youd be able to breach walls easier but itd be impossible to destroy much of someones base but youd still be able to steal, Maybe kill someones fertile turkeys, Put a house on fire, and other mischievous things.

Of course town bells that are paid would be invulnerable as well. Boundry stones would not of course.

Thanks for reading.
Last edited by NeiroShop on Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
NeiroShop
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:16 am

Re: Raiding renovation for Providence.

Postby Rifmaster » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:18 pm

Firstly, you're wrong. None of us want to wipe bases. It however should be possible to do, with largely increased effort put in than just looting the base.
Secondly, there's already a thread for this.
I also see you know nothing about the current situation on prov. More trespassing drain would be insane with the giant pclaims on prov atm. More drain every 5 steps? Where do you even get an idea like that?
Also every single player owned thing in the game should be destroyable, killable, removable, even town bells. The amount of effort required to do this is the only thing that is debatable.
User avatar
Rifmaster
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:13 am
Location: Chernobyl

Re: Raiding renovation for Providence.

Postby NeiroShop » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:42 pm

Rifmaster wrote:Firstly, you're wrong. None of us want to wipe bases. It however should be possible to do, with largely increased effort put in than just looting the base.
Secondly, there's already a thread for this.
I also see you know nothing about the current situation on prov. More trespassing drain would be insane with the giant pclaims on prov atm. More drain every 5 steps? Where do you even get an idea like that?
Also every single player owned thing in the game should be destroyable, killable, removable, even town bells. The amount of effort required to do this is the only thing that is debatable.


if id go by what you say id say the providence raiding mechanic is perfect as it is then. How many raided bases so far that hasnt been totally destroyed? I cant really think of any either its too much of an effort to raid in the 1st place or you wipe it off the map is how its going at the moment.

If its just the invulnerable town bell you got hung up on. Make it drain slowly by tbf.
User avatar
NeiroShop
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:16 am

Re: Raiding renovation for Providence.

Postby Judaism » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:43 pm

I am getting tired of the people that don't know anything about said mechanics and yet feel the urge to give their **** perspective. i have lost track of the amount of idiots on the exact same matter but we surely have passed the 100.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
User avatar
Judaism
Customer
 
Posts: 3876
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:51 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Raiding renovation for Providence.

Postby Taipion » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:09 pm

Judaism wrote:I am getting tired of the people that don't know anything about said mechanics and yet feel the urge to give their **** perspective. i have lost track of the amount of idiots on the exact same matter but we surely have passed the 100.


(note: I am not saying what nero says is good)

That is ok, Juda, you make up for that with your endless crying for effortless easymode raiding,
which is both in it's level and severity more than equal to all those you condemn.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion
 
Posts: 2307
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: Raiding renovation for Providence.

Postby Dallane » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:05 pm

Taipion wrote:crying for effortless easymode raiding,


I don't think anyone wants easy mode raiding but anything then what we have now which is basically a second job would be amazing.

I think one massive disconnect in the pve vs pvp people in regards to raiding is that the PvE people think that everyone just wants to wipe out a base when that is far from the case. Raiding someone is just that. Stealing their ****. Breaking into a town and summoning someone. I think that what is currently in place to stop people from totally destroying a town is fairly decent. Unfortunately the time and effort required for breaking walls while dealing with braziers is just not worth it at all.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 15065
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Raiding renovation for Providence.

Postby Ronch » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 pm

Judaism wrote:I am getting tired of the people that don't know anything about said mechanics and yet feel the urge to give their **** perspective. i have lost track of the amount of idiots on the exact same matter but we surely have passed the 100.

Then put out some ideas that will be subject to your fellow players to read and offer feedback on. :o

All you have been doing over the past year(s) is whine about raiding on providence and personally criticizing players who actually have the wit to compose and share their ideas to remedy the raiding quandary in providence.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
User avatar
Ronch
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:46 am

Re: Raiding renovation for Providence.

Postby Rifmaster » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:43 pm

User avatar
Rifmaster
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:13 am
Location: Chernobyl

Re: Raiding renovation for Providence.

Postby gorniksam » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:50 pm

Judaism wrote:I am getting tired of the people that don't know anything about said mechanics and yet feel the urge to give their **** perspective. i have lost track of the amount of idiots on the exact same matter but we surely have passed the 100.

same tbh
steeloxidex wrote:Lel, this game is ****, you probably all only play it because you have garbage computers that cant play real games.

I am going to go play some real games. LOL scrubs.

Image
User avatar
gorniksam
 
Posts: 2134
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:49 am
Location: heffernan's heart

Re: Raiding renovation for Providence.

Postby Judaism » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:17 am

Ronch wrote:Then put out some ideas that will be subject to your fellow players to read and offer feedback on. :o


I did and I had sessions in the past with JC about exactly that. I have listed ideas/feedback for many years usually prior to said changes and a **** load of promises are still due to the numerous nerfs to raiding which were justified at the time for the sake of those future changes. Yet here we are, 3 years later in a rigid game with no players other than carebear casuals.

The people which were worth debating said mechanics/topics with have long quit. I'm far past the point to discuss it with clueless people, carebears, casuals, or whatever is left of the current players.
Last edited by Judaism on Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:32 am, edited 13 times in total.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
User avatar
Judaism
Customer
 
Posts: 3876
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:51 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests