Please Allow Weapons to Work with the Toolbelt Properly

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Please Allow Weapons to Work with the Toolbelt Properly

Postby Heffernan » Tue May 08, 2018 7:23 pm

isnt a weapon also a kind of "tool" :|
Heffernan

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed May 09, 2018 4:51 am

You're a kind of tool, but we keep you around.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby MaxPlanck » Wed May 09, 2018 4:12 pm

Fear not Apotheon. I am here to save the day from the naysayers that will not help you solve this situation which in my mind should be in the [Help] section.

There is one illusive weapon that is switched out as others are not.

The Halberd, as it is considered both a tool for chopping trees and a weapon for heads it will auto-switch with your butcher knife without the need for manual changing of them.
Now go forth and make a new hunting set with high impact dmg to bring glory to the slaughter.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby belgear » Thu May 10, 2018 5:41 am

it already dumps the sword in your toolbelt when you butcher. If you aren't checking to see if you have a weapon equipped before you enter combat you deserve to be KOed
belgear
Customer

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu May 10, 2018 4:24 pm

belgear wrote:it already dumps the sword in your toolbelt when you butcher. If you aren't checking to see if you have a weapon equipped before you enter combat you deserve to be KOed

Yes but the problem with that is, if you have a butcher knife on hand and a Halberd in toolbelt. The Halberd will autoequip when you try to use cleave and it will succeed in attacking whereas a sword in the toolbelt will just say you don't have the correct weapon equipped.

Halberd MasterRace.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby frait » Thu May 10, 2018 11:41 pm

Misc fix, what is more realistic to do: allow to swap things, please. Now, you should to remove currently equipped before equip something new. Torch or weapon. Would be nice, if you can take item in cursor, click on hand and it will swapped. If you took item from toolbelt, current will come back to it (if it full, to inventory). If from inventory, it will swap with inventory.

Major fix may be about third hand, yes. Special slot for weapons. It can be left, right and weapon. If weapon slot is empty, combat damage will come from current tool.
frait

Postby Apotheon » Fri May 11, 2018 12:59 am

How about allowing the use of a butchering knife in the left hand like a torch or rope? That would be pretty neato :D I don't really care that much, by the way. I just felt like making a suggestion about something I found to be inconvenient. If the inconvenience is intended, then it's all good.

I personally would not enjoy it if my weapons dropped on the ground when I used tools, so no change at all is definitely preferred over a reversion to that mechanic.

Oh wait I just saw the thingy about not being able to use a torch if this is done. I hadn't thought about darkness hunting yet. *shrugs*
Last edited by Apotheon on Fri May 11, 2018 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apotheon

Postby Apotheon » Fri May 11, 2018 1:04 am

MaxPlanck wrote:Fear not Apotheon. I am here to save the day from the naysayers that will not help you solve this situation which in my mind should be in the [Help] section.

There is one illusive weapon that is switched out as others are not.

The Halberd, as it is considered both a tool for chopping trees and a weapon for heads it will auto-switch with your butcher knife without the need for manual changing of them.
Now go forth and make a new hunting set with high impact dmg to bring glory to the slaughter.

This shall be done. It shall be done not only adquately, but gloriously.
Apotheon

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations