Salvaging tweak

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Salvaging tweak

Postby Ronch » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:54 pm

I was reading an active thread in the help section here and had an ah-ha-moment reading this quote below which was posted in this linked thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20484

oleanna wrote:
grapefruitv wrote:Salvaging a bell makes less than 5k difference, that is not a sum to make someone decide against domaining.

a town claim cost 8500
+ 20 WIB
+ 10 CB
+ ... ****

A Bell cost around 10k+ 2x Cost of the claim ( negligible with a Top L&L toon i suppose ), if the defenders have enought to be profitable, the defender should have build a Town Claim...
Actually, the bell can be salvage ( and the charter of town can be recover ) and the cost of the bell is negligible too so Any PClaim could be profitable depending of the salvage success.

I can see this being used to wipe any/every decently lootable Pclaim off large areas of the map, and if methodically organized well could easily cripple the game's newer playing population.
Which I am surprised hasn't happened already during one of JC's long absences from the community.

Maybe a time limit or some other sort of limit should be placed on salvaging Town-bells, or just make them not salvageable at all anymore.

(note) My home base is a Town-Bell now, so my perspective on this idea isn't originating from a biased position.
...Most newer players, even ones who have a decent amount of lootable items worth the use of an eminent domain do not have the resources in the game yet to acquire a Town-Bell, let alone maintain one.
...I took over mayor-ship of the Town-Bell that I currently own, otherwise I would still be based in an overly defended Pclaim extremely vulnerable to this disposable Town-Bell eminent domain tactic.
Last edited by Ronch on Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Re: Salvaging tweak

Postby grapefruitv » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:06 pm

As I already said in the other thread, salvaging bells did not really change much regarding ED option.
1. It is still only 5k difference, which is barely noticeable to experienced players when they have a reason to remove your claim. There was a time when building a townbell required less than 2k silver, people still didn't domain the whole world, so I don't see why would they now.
2. You only can ED reachable claimstones without investing much more work and getting penalties (i. e. more than 25 tiles in each direction from the claimstone)
3. Domaining is still pretty expensive, bell cost aside, you don't just go around spending thousands of silver on nothing, you ned to be motivated
4. Fresh bells are more vulnerable, which gives a bit of advantage to the defender.
5. Most players are not domaining random claims all over the world, because chances of those being worth the investment are low. People mostly ED claims in close proximity to their base or for personal/political reasons.
grapefruitv

Postby Ronch » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:24 pm

grapefruitv wrote:4. Fresh bells are more vulnerable, which gives a bit of advantage to the defender.

I forgot about that, good point, your only good point here IMO, but still, I feel that this needs to at least be looked at and considered by the Dev team.

grapefruitv wrote:5. Most players are not domaining random claims all over the world, because chances of those being worth the investment are low. People mostly ED claims in close proximity to their base or for personal/political reasons.

I understand that too, but the possibility is still there to ED all across the map by the wealthiest older players in the game.
I've only been playing the game for less that 6 months now, and yet I could easily afford another Town-Bell (or two), especially if I knew I would not have to maintain it, and could salvage it to possibly recoup the cost

IMO the possibility alone is enough of a reason to tweak salvaging Town-Bells, unless there are some sort of negative side affect or affect(s) besides taking the Developer's time spent implementing an adjustment to salvaging Town-Bells ?

Again, I feel that this needs to at least be looked at and considered by the Dev team.
Ronch

Postby Rifmaster » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:28 pm

By the time you are worth eminent domaining, you have the resources for a bell of your own.
Rifmaster

Postby Ronch » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:33 pm

Moved
Last edited by Ronch on Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronch

Postby Rifmaster » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:38 pm

Rifmaster wrote:By the time you are worth eminent domaining, you have the resources for a bell of your own.
Rifmaster

Postby Ronch » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:44 pm

Rifmaster wrote:By the time you are worth eminent domaining, you have the resources for a bell of your own.

This was almost true in my case, but I play the game much, much more than most players do (older players or newer players) meaning, I do not think having or gaining the needed resources for a TB is easy as you remember it to be or assume it to be for newer players,
Ronch

Postby Dallane » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:42 pm

Sounds like a non issue from people who don't understand mechanics.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Ronch » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:06 am

Dallane wrote:Sounds like a non issue from people who don't understand mechanics.

Maybe you would be willing to elaborate just a little on what mechanics "those people" do not understand ?
Rather than using your fall-back ambiguous term: "non issue"
A term which you seem to use a lot lately in your post here, and on discord when you have no valid arguments or points to make.
Ronch

Postby Dallane » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:52 am

Ronch wrote:
Dallane wrote:Sounds like a non issue from people who don't understand mechanics.

Maybe you would be willing to elaborate just a little on what mechanics "those people" do not understand ?
Rather than using your fall-back ambiguous term: "non issue"
A term which you seem to use a lot lately in your post here, and on discord when you have no valid arguments or points to make.

I can see this being used to wipe any/every decently lootable Pclaim off large areas of the map, and if methodically organized well could easily cripple the game's newer playing population.
Which I am surprised hasn't happened already during one of JC's long absences from the community.

The fact that you have used this as a argument is more than enough to discredit anything that you have said here. It hasn't happened for a reason and it's not going to happen in the future. Using the "poor noob" argument is straight retarded and holds zero weight. Let JC focus is precious time on real things.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations