Renovate Raiding

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Renovate Raiding

Postby Dallane » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:20 pm

Heffernan wrote:Remove TbC (exept for murders)
============================
with the Removal of TbC alot more people will get into raiding, you can still be stocked but simply trying to raid and the other party just having to pick up your scents and ur gone is silly, lets remove TbC for Raiding

Remove TbC entirely. It's not fun for either side and it's boring as ***** on top of the already boring raiding system. Roll back to pre tbc and before wall hp buff so people actually want to raid without calling off a day of work.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby gorniksam » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:21 pm

mostly retarded ideas
-1 for everyone
gorniksam

Postby Heffernan » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:37 pm

gorniksam wrote:mostly retarded ideas
-1 for everyone

but thats just cuz u got no idea about raiding or combat, so no surprise.
Heffernan

Postby Goodman12 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:48 pm

Heffernan wrote:
Remove TbC (exept for murders)
with the Removal of TbC alot more people will get into raiding, you can still be stocked but simply trying to raid and the other party just having to pick up your scents and ur gone is silly, lets remove TbC for Raiding .

Remove the ability to summon players using a TbC and swap it with the ability to lento lock players with scents out.

Heffernan wrote:Have Ways to Drain
at the moment drain is broke,n if youi have a town and just spam braziers and a pclaim you are basically becoming unraidable, we need more ways to Drain Defense or work on disabling them from outside, even a Catapult that fires slowly and does 2% damage to braziers would work since anyone should be actively defending (wich is not needed atm since some bases cant even be raided).

Draining braziers shouldn't be the primary method for raiding but I don't think it should be possible to destroy them from outside either.
Critical damage done by braziers/torches OR the chance to critical strike needs to be significantly reduced and depending on how much its reduced, base dmg of braziers/torches should be increased.

Heffernan wrote:Drain Pclaim
===========================
lets us use a Poopclaim or a Pclaim drain object that you need to place on the Edge of a enemy pclaim that slowly drains the cash in it like a Poopclaim does for Authority of Towns, that way people have a way to empty people having a 360days filled impossible pclaim

If this were the case then inactive players would be 100% ***** while the attacking party would get free loot. A way to progressively raid a p claim without the enemy being able to patch up all your hard hours of work within a couple minutes sounds like a much better option. (Town bell overpowering p claim)

Heffernan wrote:just for an example i discussed with the Judaism on Discord if i leave for a few Months and returned my town would be still untouched

I don't think there is a base on this server that would survive more than a week if left undefended if there is a group of players competent enough to put in the necessary efforts
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby gorniksam » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:03 am

Heffernan wrote:
gorniksam wrote:mostly retarded ideas
-1 for everyone

but thats just cuz u got no idea about raiding or combat, so no surprise.

can you teach me about?
gorniksam

Postby Adelewhy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:36 am

Heffernan wrote:Hello, looking for ways to renovate raiding here heres some suggestions

Drain Pclaim
lets us use a Poopclaim or a Pclaim drain object that you need to place on the Edge of a enemy pclaim that slowly drains the cash in it like a Poopclaim does for Authority of Towns, that way people have a way to empty people having a 360days filled impossible pclaim

Now that's just silly. Then raiders would simply drain pclaims while owners were afk or use "holes" in the rules to defend such drain items so that the pclaim owners couldn't reach the drain item to remove it. That's just another way for raiders to "erase" another player's work. The way they work now (with the exception of how big they're able to be) is sufficient. It offers the owner enough protections without completely protecting them. Raiders are still able to steal, waste and arson. There needs to be a risk for crime and pclaim drains could be used to drain the pclaim enough that the risk of crime is nothing.. not even crime scenes. If a raider wants to "erase" another player and their work, it should cost them.. and at the moment it does, by putting down a town and using eminent domain.

As for the size of pclaims... the size should not be allowed to be so big that a raider cannot possibly approach it. It seems rather exploitive when claims are so big the drain alone prevents the raiding.
Adelewhy

Postby NeiroShop » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:33 am

Not gonna comment on 99% of suggestions here other than i disagree wholeheartedly.

Here's my take on it instead.

Make Pclaim stone & town bell invulnerable if theres silver in it. No way to drain. If without silver? Not even crime to do anything. And yes remove stupid Tbf protected by townbells and what not, attackers cant just wait for people to drop scent to destroy it. But instead actively defend it.

However make walls have a timer it takes to destroy like say a brick wall would take 45mins (as long as your biles are above soak value). Stone would take 25-28mins, Plank 35-40 and so on. (times could ofc be discussed and changed according to server aka expedition would drastically lower time values.) This would give an active defender some advantage while letting an undefended claim be raided by raiders yet not able to destroy everything.

Also about giant pclaims. Leave em in but drastically reduce crime drain dependant on how far away from the pclaim stone. Meaning edges far away would be negligible damage for trespassing/bashing outer wall.

Also remove Trial by combat. I am against people just leveling someones town on providence. Logging in to enemies around who are still hurting,weakend if on claim and buildings on fire? now that sounds interesting :P
NeiroShop

Postby Taipion » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:38 am

Goodman12 wrote:
Heffernan wrote:
Remove TbC (exept for murders)
with the Removal of TbC alot more people will get into raiding, you can still be stocked but simply trying to raid and the other party just having to pick up your scents and ur gone is silly, lets remove TbC for Raiding .

Remove the ability to summon players using a TbC and swap it with the ability to lento lock players with scents out.

Heffernan wrote:Have Ways to Drain
at the moment drain is broke,n if youi have a town and just spam braziers and a pclaim you are basically becoming unraidable, we need more ways to Drain Defense or work on disabling them from outside, even a Catapult that fires slowly and does 2% damage to braziers would work since anyone should be actively defending (wich is not needed atm since some bases cant even be raided).

Draining braziers shouldn't be the primary method for raiding but I don't think it should be possible to destroy them from outside either.
Critical damage done by braziers/torches OR the chance to critical strike needs to be significantly reduced and depending on how much its reduced, base dmg of braziers/torches should be increased.

Heffernan wrote:Drain Pclaim

If this were the case then inactive players would be 100% ***** while the attacking party would get free loot. A way to progressively raid a p claim without the enemy being able to patch up all your hard hours of work within a couple minutes sounds like a much better option. (Town bell overpowering p claim)

Heffernan wrote:just for an example i discussed with the Judaism on Discord if i leave for a few Months and returned my town would be still untouched

I don't think there is a base on this server that would survive more than a week if left undefended if there is a group of players competent enough to put in the necessary efforts

Probably the first serious post in this whole thread.

I actually agree especially with the last point,

whereas troll baby juda won't ever stop crying until a current times well developed base with brick and iron walls and def worth weeks of work are raidable within 2h because he can't afford more time than that.

People who have not played serious on Provi for years, have never experienced actual combat or raiding, except raiding inactive or abandoned places, and/or have no clue whatsoever to start with... discussing how raiding should be...
...next thing you ask for is work-free 2k stats chars because you can't do that either?!
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Ronch » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:30 am

NeiroShop wrote:Not gonna comment on 99% of suggestions here other than i disagree wholeheartedly.

Here's my take on it instead.

Make Pclaim stone & town bell invulnerable if theres silver in it. No way to drain. If without silver? Not even crime to do anything. And yes remove stupid Tbf protected by townbells and what not, attackers cant just wait for people to drop scent to destroy it. But instead actively defend it.

However make walls have a timer it takes to destroy like say a brick wall would take 45mins (as long as your biles are above soak value). Stone would take 25-28mins, Plank 35-40 and so on. (times could ofc be discussed and changed according to server aka expedition would drastically lower time values.) This would give an active defender some advantage while letting an undefended claim be raided by raiders yet not able to destroy everything.

Also about giant pclaims. Leave em in but drastically reduce crime drain dependant on how far away from the pclaim stone. Meaning edges far away would be negligible damage for trespassing/bashing outer wall.

Also remove Trial by combat. I am against people just leveling someones town on providence. Logging in to enemies around who are still hurting,weakend if on claim and buildings on fire? now that sounds interesting :P

I'm sure my noobish input here isn't worth all that much on this topic.
The extent of my PvP and raiding so far is salvaging abandoned bases, and sending players who have decent inventories laying under leanto's back to Boston naked.

At the risk of offending the many vet-post here so far:
I support NeiroShop's ideas, they are brief, unbiased, and also understandable to noobs.
...Raiding a base whether a large-PClaim or TClaim of any size shouldn't be the least bit easy Heff.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Rifmaster » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:54 pm

Taipion wrote:raidable within 2h because he can't afford more time than that.

This keeps getting brought up, and for the 50th time, nobody wants to raid a developed town in 2 hours. It just needs to be actually achievable at all, and achievable in a reasonable time span. The current situation is that it would take hundreds of hours of raiding to even break some outer perimeter of a town.
The best way I see it being is that raiding becomes a scenario of entering even the most developed town within a maximum of 12-24h of raiding and looting things inside without breaking infrastructure like fruit trees and such, though this should also be possible with greater effort.
Here is a series of things that farmville players love to not think about:
-You can take a break from building walls, but not from raiding
-Making walls takes literally no skill at the game
-Making walls is easy as ***** to do
-Raiders also have bases, and they are happy to have many disadvantages given to them after commiting crimes
-The argument of having worked hard on your base makes no sense
-Salem is (was) a pvp game
-It is absolutely impossible to break into actively defended bases
-Attackers currently have to guard a tbf for 24h instead of 4 due to catapults, this either forces atleast 2-4 people to stay online staring at their screen, or it forces attackers to make a bell to protect the tbf. Neither is good.
Rifmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations