Renovate Raiding

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Renovate Raiding

Postby Ronch » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:59 pm

Rifmaster wrote:Currently braziers and torchposts crit for % based damage, and they crit quite often. Simply spamming quite a few of them makes it impossible to take more than a few series of hits before you have to run away, not achieving any progress on the wall you're trying to break. One of the "arguments" Claeyt 2.0 makes is that its hard to make braziers and torchposts. This firstly doesn't make sense because a defender could pretty much just wait for raiders to make a bit of progress on an undefended bit of wall, then just make defenses there. Other than this it simply isnt that hard to make defenses. While large bases do require tons of leather for the torches, it's a cost of having a large base.

There are many other things that are broken, but really if we want to achieve anything we need the involvement of the developers, as arguing on the forums (particularly with taipion) leads nowhere other than providing insight into what people think about it, and gathering additional suggestions.

Can you see the upcoming new Bombardiers and or direct-fire cannons both having a positive impact on this perceived raiding quandary ?
...I can, and I am more than willing to give JC and the Dev team even more time to at least try to implement it into the raiding on this game's perm server.

Lock-picking is still in the Dev-shop's plan too, can anyone else see how this will quicken raiding if a player is motivated enough to train that new skill ?

Also, with a little creative thinking players can use the (also) upcoming new mounts and other beast of burden for additional raiding advantages too, which should have more than one positive impact on this issue.

On a side note:
If a raid-minded player cannot gather a confident advantage in numbers or knowledge to predict success in a base raid, then most games (including this game Salem) already currently offer other options to either steal from, destroy, harass or even kill your desired target without raiding that target's base. ...It just takes time/patience to get'em and get'em good, but those recourse options are still there and have been for a long time in Salem.
...So again, it looks like it boils down to instant gratification motivating this issue all around.

Salemites, PvP minded or PvE minded, are very lucky to have enough time to contemplate the implications of such game-changing additions into this game via planned update news from JC, giving all players enough time to either adjust their base's defenses with already existing defensive game features, and or think of creative ways to use the upcoming updates to their future raiding advantage(s) plural.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
User avatar
Ronch
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:46 am

Re: Renovate Raiding

Postby Rifmaster » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:15 pm

Ronch wrote:
Rifmaster wrote:Currently braziers and torchposts crit for % based damage, and they crit quite often. Simply spamming quite a few of them makes it impossible to take more than a few series of hits before you have to run away, not achieving any progress on the wall you're trying to break. One of the "arguments" Claeyt 2.0 makes is that its hard to make braziers and torchposts. This firstly doesn't make sense because a defender could pretty much just wait for raiders to make a bit of progress on an undefended bit of wall, then just make defenses there. Other than this it simply isnt that hard to make defenses. While large bases do require tons of leather for the torches, it's a cost of having a large base.

There are many other things that are broken, but really if we want to achieve anything we need the involvement of the developers, as arguing on the forums (particularly with taipion) leads nowhere other than providing insight into what people think about it, and gathering additional suggestions.

Can you see the upcoming new Bombardiers and or cannons both having a positive impact on this perceived raiding quandary ?
...I can, and I am more than willing to give JC and the Dev team even more time to at least try to implement it into the raiding on this game's perm server.

Lock-picking is still in the Dev-shop's plan too, can anyone else see how this will quicken raiding if a player is motivated enough to train that new skill ?

Also, with a little creative thinking players can use the (also) upcoming new mounts and other beast of burden for additional raiding advantages too, which should have more than one positive impact on this issue.

On a side note:
If a raid-minded player cannot gather a confident advantage in numbers or knowledge to predict success in a base raid, then most games (including this game Salem) already currently offer other options to either steal from, destroy, harass or even kill your desired target. ...It just takes time/patience to get'em and get'em good, but those recourse options are still there and have been for a long time in Salem.
...So again, it looks like it boils down to instant gratification motivating this issue all around.

Salemites, PvP minded or PvE minded, are very lucky to have enough time to contemplate the implications of such game-changing additions into this game via planned update news from JC, giving all players enough time to either adjust their base's defenses with already existing defensive game features, and or think of creative ways to use the upcoming updates to their future raiding advantage(s) plural.


Adding more raiding content for the sole reason of fixing of fixing broken raiding is not a good solution, and the bombardier/lockpicking things are not something I see getting implemented any time soon, or at all.
For the likely 10th time I have to point out that it is impossible to raid an actively defended base at the moment. I also have to point out that you have no clue what you are talking about.
I really hope JC doesn't listen to people like you and Taipion.
User avatar
Rifmaster
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:13 am
Location: Chernobyl

Re: Renovate Raiding

Postby Ronch » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:23 pm

Rifmaster wrote:I really hope JC doesn't listen to people like you

To late for that...
You'll see "soon"

Mature patience and persistent logical adult reasonable confident words in hostile discussions are king, always has been and always will be, even in Salem where there seems to be a rather small but very vocal concentration of impatient me-push-hard thoughtless-personalities (followers, no independent thoughts).
Last edited by Ronch on Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
User avatar
Ronch
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:46 am

Re: Renovate Raiding

Postby Taipion » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:42 pm

Ronch wrote:
Rifmaster wrote:I really hope JC doesn't listen to people like you

To late for that, mature patience and persistent logical adult reasonable words in discussion are king, always has been and always will be, even in Salem where there seems to be a sizable but still a minority concentration of impatient me-push-hard thoughtless personalities, you'll see. "soon"


Yea,

judas and rifs ranting are surely not taken serious by anyone, they made sure of that with a lot of hard work.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion
 
Posts: 2112
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: Renovate Raiding

Postby Judaism » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:43 pm

Taipion wrote:
judas and rifs ranting are surely not taken serious by anyone, they made sure of that with a lot of hard work.


I did not create this thread and my arguments are not rants. You seem to be awfully desperate for my attention, meanwhile I hardly acknowledge you.
As for the replies and the course of this thread, its quite to my liking. We have seen a few new and old faces put in their thoughts which is a good thing.

I firmly believe that we have a healthy amount of players in favour of beneficial raid changes, so with that in mind I do have some hopes for an enjoyable and competitive environment once again.
Last edited by Judaism on Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
User avatar
Judaism
Customer
 
Posts: 3818
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:51 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Renovate Raiding

Postby Ronch » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:47 pm

Taipion wrote:
Yea,

judas and rifs ranting are surely not taken serious by anyone, they made sure of that with a lot of hard work.

At least Juda put's some effort into explaining his points, and is then usually willing to discuss counter points to what he postulates.
He also doesn't rely on one sentence slogans in hopes of stifling a discussion. Which is much, much, much more than I can say for Dalane or Riff up to this point.
...I also played with him/Juda in another game like Salem, he does embellish stories a bit to much, but he also makes things fun in the gameplay that is for sure, so that makes up for the other.
So plus +3 to Juda.

I agree that pvp and raiding needs some tweaks, many parts of this game still do, but with out an open discussion to clarify views or explanations then it isn't going to happen fast, nor in a way that suits the minority whiners who just cant make a single solid point nor address a single solid counter point effectively.
In the end, these whiner's default stance is always going to be: mindless/meaningless unproductive tantrums.
...Hence why stable folks will sometimes refer to them as "me-push-hard thoughtless-personalities" who as hard as they try still just can't match wits with even an overly medicated 9 year old.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
User avatar
Ronch
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:46 am

Re: Renovate Raiding

Postby gorniksam » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:06 am

Juda is handsome so +4 for him ;)
Darwoth wrote:who would you like to see killed on providence first?

Image
Image
User avatar
gorniksam
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:49 am
Location: heffernan's heart

Re: Renovate Raiding

Postby Heffernan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:17 am

gorniksam wrote:Juda is handsome so +4 for him ;)


you have no clue about raiding or pvp please keep out of this discussion.
User avatar
Heffernan
 
Posts: 8280
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:07 pm
Location: Marps Closet

Re: Renovate Raiding

Postby gorniksam » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:26 am

Heffernan wrote:
gorniksam wrote:Juda is handsome so +4 for him ;)


you have no clue about raiding or pvp please keep out of this discussion.

but i know alot about mens attractive and you are my 1# tbh
Darwoth wrote:who would you like to see killed on providence first?

Image
Image
User avatar
gorniksam
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:49 am
Location: heffernan's heart

Re: Renovate Raiding

Postby nosfirebird » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:31 pm

gorniksam wrote:
Heffernan wrote:
gorniksam wrote:Juda is handsome so +4 for him ;)


you have no clue about raiding or pvp please keep out of this discussion.

but i know alot about mens attractive and you are my 1# tbh

he got jelly that you gave juda a +4
nosfirebird
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:47 am

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest