Producing a GUNPOWDER and Musketballs.

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Producing a GUNPOWDER and Musketballs.

Postby naric » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:10 pm

To make a MUSKETBALLS it is needed a copper/iron bar (1 bar = 10 balls)
To make a GUNPOWDER need to have 1 coal and 1 saltpeter(new thing) 1+1 = 50g
-to produce saltpeter need to build a ctructure "saltpeter pile" (40 compost+40 lime+20 Hay = 40 pieces after 7 days)
naric
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:37 pm

Re: Producing a GUNPOWDER and Musketballs.

Postby Rifmaster » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:06 pm

Meh, the game needs silversinks, and players who use guns tend to have silver to buy the already not very expensive ammo and gunpowder for them.
User avatar
Rifmaster
 
Posts: 1646
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:13 am
Location: Chernobyl

Re: Producing a GUNPOWDER and Musketballs.

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:09 pm

Musketballs are made of lead, you'd have to at least buy the lead bars.

I can see letting people make gunpowder, but let's get this right. You also need sulfur, which would probably have to be purchased as well unless we can find a way to have you get it elsewhere. Maybe from lots and lots of eggs? Maybe a hot spring event?

And making gunpowder should be a high-level skill and there should always be the chance that it blows up in your face while you're making it and kills you.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
User avatar
TotalyMeow
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3782
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Re: Producing a GUNPOWDER and Musketballs.

Postby Dallane » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:52 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:Musketballs are made of lead, you'd have to at least buy the lead bars.

I can see letting people make gunpowder, but let's get this right. You also need sulfur, which would probably have to be purchased as well unless we can find a way to have you get it elsewhere. Maybe from lots and lots of eggs? Maybe a hot spring event?

And making gunpowder should be a high-level skill and there should always be the chance that it blows up in your face while you're making it and kills you.


Would be a good way to expand mining by adding new ores and different minerals. Could also be a nice way to move a step forward with alchemy ideas.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 15083
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Producing a GUNPOWDER and Musketballs.

Postby naric » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:13 pm

Dallane wrote:Would be a good way to expand mining by adding new ores and different minerals. Could also be a nice way to move a step forward with alchemy ideas.

+1
By the way, every item in game has description like Mercury: xx% Sulphur: yy% Lead zz%. I don't know why this, maybe undeveloped idea, but good alchemist can transform one to another :idea:
naric
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:37 pm

Re: Producing a GUNPOWDER and Musketballs.

Postby Andromedan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:05 pm

naric wrote:
Dallane wrote:Would be a good way to expand mining by adding new ores and different minerals. Could also be a nice way to move a step forward with alchemy ideas.

+1
By the way, every item in game has description like Mercury: xx% Sulphur: yy% Lead zz%. I don't know why this, maybe undeveloped idea, but good alchemist can transform one to another :idea:


This sounds like an idea to build on. These impurities are not used, and could well be this way.
Andromedan
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:59 pm

Re: Producing a GUNPOWDER and Musketballs.

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:11 am

The impurities used to have a reason to exist having to do with gluttony. That reason was removed to make gluttony simpler, but the impurities were left in for a later use in poisons and other alchemy.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
User avatar
TotalyMeow
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3782
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Re: Producing a GUNPOWDER and Musketballs.

Postby naric » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:33 am

TotalyMeow wrote: impurities were left in for a later use in poisons and other alchemy.

Not bad idea for alchemy: to separate some items(rubble?) into 3 elements. Lead for bullets, sulphur for gunpowder and mercury for transforming into silver.
+SILVER MUSKETBALLS make double damage on withes and dark creatures.
naric
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:37 pm


Return to Ideas & Innovations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests