Town permissions

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Town permissions

Postby Taipion » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:53 pm

Chrumps wrote:
Taipion wrote:... as to your other complaints to what I said, I do not find them reasonable.

.
.
.


Why not present some good arguments instead of ....that?


Totally good argument and not insulting at all.

Yes, you are right, unlike in your comment there is no insult here.


Chrumps wrote:
Taipion wrote:you could even go as far as laying out a town with "frame" pclaims, probably owned by the mayor, to put in as frames for the actual personal areas,

That will force sharing mayor account if more than one person is allowed to manage instead of properly using existing permission mechanics.

So you suggest sharing accounts for rights management? ...interesting.
This does not demand anything like this, any more than having one proper pclaim does, though offers all the micro management and fine tuning one could ask for.


Chrumps wrote:
Taipion wrote:so you can give someone temporary permissions to put up and expand a pclaim without the risk of him expanding the pclaim in a way that would open the town for attacks or claiming over things that do not belong to that person and so on...

This is not a concern at all. It can be always eminent domained.

Yea, unless someone uses 10k or more for whatever reason, going well beyond what most towns are capable to ED by their auth.




Chrumps wrote:
Taipion wrote:There may very well be more elegant solutions, but not without a major rework of all the claiming and rights management mechanics, whereas this would (hopefully) be only a small thing to do.
And as one can see with other things in this thread, if people start to think of how to do it better, the result tends to be overly complicated or non-intuitive.

The primary issue with pclaim management is having two lists of members, one under kin and other under tclaim. Having the same info in two place allows for mistakes and leave space the well-known attack by kinning and abusing permissions to white.
I do not get why you are pushing worse solution and using it as a proof that things cannot be done in a satisfactory way.

So you mange important permission over "white"?! ...maybe you should go and explore town management for a good while before making suggestions here.

You try to turn my words around, but fortunately not very good,
as I said, my proposed solution would be (hopefully) doable without much work by the devs, and available shortly, and idk what you believe, but having at least that now is better than having a fancy solution in 2 years,
AND it does not obstruct a "fancy solution in 2 years" even though you say otherwise.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion
 
Posts: 2071
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: Town permissions

Postby Chrumps » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:44 pm

Taipion wrote:So you suggest sharing accounts for rights management? ...interesting.

How would you allow multiple people to manage rights on a pclaim without allowing them to access that particular account? That is the BAD part in your pclaim idea in case you missed the point.

Taipion wrote:So you mange important permission over "white"?! ...maybe you should go and explore town management for a good while before making suggestions here.
You try to turn my words around, but fortunately not very good,

Yeah, turning words around, right in the spot, too bad you attribute it to me not to yourself.
Search forum for "white permissions" and see how much forum drama it generated.
And no, towns do not have management by colours so far, LOL.

Taipion wrote:Yea, unless someone uses 10k or more for whatever reason, going well beyond what most towns are capable to ED by their auth.

That's a non-issue and can be solved. Determined people can grind a lot of cotton. :P Though that means a problem in recruitment process.

Also, pclaims have shape limitations. To cover roads you would need long, narrow pclaims which are now forbidden for a reason. Relaxing that restriction in towns would allow funny exploits, like 1000 tiles long pclaims just to mess with people.

You did not sound like proposing a temporary solution, besides, temporary solutions tend to stick forever and even when change comes we will have a chorus of people complaining how it would damage their gameplay and investments in pclaims. I'd rather wait a bit more and have it solved properly, than having a problematic makeshift solution.
Chrumps
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:51 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Town permissions

Postby Taipion » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Chrumps wrote:
Taipion wrote:So you suggest sharing accounts for rights management? ...interesting.

How would you allow multiple people to manage rights on a pclaim without allowing them to access that particular account? That is the BAD part in your pclaim idea in case you missed the point.


No, this is NOT a bad part in my idea, but a general limitation to pclaims, but is manageable as long as your mayor/leader/pclaim-manager is not afk or away for days.
The way how account sharing is handled (rules), makes it an ultimate liability to everyone involved, and should be avoided at all cost, always.
You should really know that.

Chrumps wrote:Search forum for "white permissions" and see how much forum drama it generated.

There you say it yourself, but attack me for saying it is a bad thing?!? ...are you even reading what you write yourself?!

Chrumps wrote:
Taipion wrote:Yea, unless someone uses 10k or more for whatever reason, going well beyond what most towns are capable to ED by their auth.

That's a non-issue and can be solved. Determined people can grind a lot of cotton. :P Though that means a problem in recruitment process.

Also, pclaims have shape limitations. To cover roads you would need long, narrow pclaims which are now forbidden for a reason. Relaxing that restriction in towns would allow funny exploits, like 1000 tiles long pclaims just to mess with people

Yea, totally a non-issue if someone drops a 30k pclaim that needs 60k auth to ED just because that person wanted to waste your town for whatever reason and had no better option than that, sure anyone can handle 60k auth in 24h.... wtf...
Also you are now throwing wild imaginations to what pclaims are "allowed" and what not at me?! ...you can do whatever pclaims you want on your own town area.

Chrumps wrote:You did not sound like proposing a temporary solution, besides, temporary solutions tend to stick forever and even when change comes we will have a chorus of people complaining how it would damage their gameplay and investments in pclaims. I'd rather wait a bit more and have it solved properly, than having a problematic makeshift solution.

Assumptions assumption, and as every single assumption you made here, it is both only fitting your own needs and also totally wrong.



I did not know you were a troll like that and I really, really thought you were here for a constructive discussion,
but in this case, consider me done with discussing anything here with you,
I have much, much better things to do than fighting a wannabe darwat forum warrior who does that for no other reason than "winning" or "triggering people" or whatever it is that drives you to do such lowly deeds.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion
 
Posts: 2071
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: Town permissions

Postby Chrumps » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:57 pm

Man... you get triggered too easily.
I am trying to tell you that using pclaims for detailed tclaim management is a bad idea because of multiple reasons.

About pclaim dimensions:
Image
Chrumps
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:51 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Town permissions

Postby gorniksam » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:40 am

-1
Darwoth wrote:who would you like to see killed on providence first?

Image
Image
User avatar
gorniksam
 
Posts: 1960
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:49 am
Location: heffernan's heart

Re: Town permissions

Postby Ronch » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:04 am

I respect the knowledge-base that the vet players of this game have, and I lean on it almost everyday that I play this game.

My short experience so far with TownBells leaves me wanting the same individual permission options (including color-coding) that Pclaims currently offer added to TownBells, and still allow Pclaims inside of Tclaims.
I don't understand why it isn't so already...
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
User avatar
Ronch
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:46 am

Re: Town permissions

Postby Nsuidara » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:22 pm

Ronch wrote:I respect the knowledge-base that the vet players of this game have, and I lean on it almost everyday that I play this game.

My short experience so far with TownBells leaves me wanting the same individual permission options (including color-coding) that Pclaims currently offer added to TownBells, and still allow Pclaims inside of Tclaims.
I don't understand why it isn't so already...

because devs have fun form implement mechanic like Disease.... (now Disease Tree target)
\(*o*)\ Praying in the JC Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/

Marketplace APP
Calculator Sets
Shop by Nsuidara
User avatar
Nsuidara
Customer
 
Posts: 1946
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:50 pm
Location: Poland

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests