Gluttony Rework Mega-Thread

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Should Gluttony be Evaluated?

Stahp It! Leave it alone, its fine and its only a VOCAL minority who don't like it.
19%
Too much change is bad. Keep tweaking it and hopefully one day we hit a good place. The core system is fine.
40%
Make major changes to the existing system, like removing restores. Find new ways to force variety without removing the whole thing.
12%
Remove the whole thing and spend your time on making Cravings the new system.
16%
Remove the whole thing and go with the Inspirational Idea. A simple reason to make all the stuff, without making everything so dang complicated.
12%

Total votes : 105

Re: Gluttony Rework Mega-Thread

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:01 pm

TheDuke86 wrote:All of the mass production stems from the need to mass Alts for end game content. I think if we did away from the near sure death of leaving scents it would reduce the need to amass Alts and thus cut down on the mass production.

Fair point. But Concord is your evidence that when the aggressors can leave a scent without fear of repercussion all that happens is that the bottom 90% of the population are killed without justice.

The ability for leaving a scent to have dire consequences must remain, without it, there is no point to have a permanent server in my opinion.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:20 pm

Wow Jc, thats full of **** and you know it.
Let me just kill all the fertile turkeys, its not like i needed 2 years to collect them. Same goes for golden goose.
Let me just kill off all animals, its not like i need obscene ammount of money to get ones with decent stats.
The reason why people massproduce is because it takes less time to make a suply for an extended time than to do it day to day when you compare time invested.
And yet you are trying to make food rot, bars rust, trees die off and other retarded ****.
Yes, people can play casual and enjoy the game but they cannot experiance the true salem.
And you are doing that, you are killing the unforgiving,hard and grindy salem where you could enjoy fruits of your labour.
Go ahead, 'improve' your game.
You have lots of butlickers that will clap and kiss ass on every patch you make not realising how void it is.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Kish » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:20 pm

JohnCarver wrote: The incentive to 'mass-produce' is of course the root problem. But since nobody is forced to play at those insane levels, the burden of doing so I still shift the player CHOOSING to do so. I personally have 0 chores, and 0 repetitive tasks right now. The secret, I'm only working on the industries I find interesting and fun, and I'm only doing it to a level to which I don't find tedious. Asking me to fix the problem that is inevitably your own play style and play choices seems silly and I don't discourage the continued outcry about it, just make sure you realize it is met with my diabolical laughter not care or concern. THe entire idea of things spoiling is that when you no longer have the incentive to make 10,000 of something because it will all spoil or rot faster than you can use it, then maybe, just maybe, y'all will stop hurting yourselves.

If a player wants to play, he must keep a huge number of animals, fields, pots. If he does not do it all, then a prodigious alto will come to him and take off his scalp (such a hobby among people).You as a developer are protected from this. Therefore, you can do what you like.
Kish

Postby Nsuidara » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:46 pm

@JohnCarver, you're totaly wrong...
Do you look at other games? and they mechanic? and next look at Salem and got conclusions ? because i feel sometime you have flip-flops ...

JohnCarver wrote:"I have to feed my animals now, more chores". Solution: Kill your animals.

You should see my a cemetery animal.
I usualy keep 5 females and 2 males (ofc. best - no need more)
but problem is - not about amount meat ... meat it's usless (except Raw Beef Steak for Scary Stroganoff and Pork... for Sausage Links)
problem restore food - so, it's simple no care about food this group - because almost this group food have -20% chance 40% ... so waste time...
and YES better way be when i need 1000 this food then 2000 with restore problems...

BUT PROBLEM IS OTHER WAY ...

problem it's about "rare" artefact - if somebody need Mary's Ribbon or other artefact - then need many many animals... born and kill = here it's so much working...
I killing 400 animals ? almost propably and today i got one artefact... "Mary's Ribbon" ...

JohnCarver wrote:"I have to feed my turkeys". Solution "kill your turkeys"

No need... my turkeys always kill self... without food - and i almost not care but problem is need Eggs...

JohnCarver wrote:I have to plant 10,000 pots. Solution" Destroy 9980 pots and now you have to plant 20.

and this point - you don't see ONE problem.
Here need many "Spooky Redcap" - and it's rare - so with 1000 pots got (with bonus) ~30 Spooky Redcap per 2 days - it's still small amount if you wanna made gluttony session with Scary Stroganoff.

but... you look only into player like Heff / Max (last time your facepalm... about Max and how many he sell cloth...)

I can congratulate you only... because exsist other ways for STOP player no-life ... but it's really problem about no-life player ? or zerk ? - each game have small or big problem with this... even Albion Online
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby tee_pu » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:53 pm

There is no casual gameplay in Salem!!!! How on Salem continent did one get that notion into their head?!!
Everything has to be done enmass. The results otherwise are so punitive, they are not worth wasting your time playing Salem casually.
tee_pu
Customer

Postby Lusewing » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:51 pm

Have people forgotten that this is a multiplayer game? Of course we are not able to do everything ourselves, that is what encorrges people to group together or trade. Maybe people just need to learn to make friends instead of complaining that they don't have time to do everything in game.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:54 pm

Lusewing wrote:Have people forgotten that this is a multiplayer game? Of course we are not able to do everything ourselves, that is what encorrges people to group together or trade. Maybe people just need to learn to make friends instead of complaining that they don't have time to do everything in game.

This.

If you find you cannot keep up by yourself. Join a town, or quit. Those who argue it is too difficult with solo gameplay has never been the way I have played, never been the way an MMO is typically designed to be played, and will never be supported or have any sympathy here. I have long stated that a solo player doing as well as they have is an unintended side effect of Salem, not one that I hate, but certainly not one that gets even an ounce of my consideration in mechanic changes.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby gorniksam » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:01 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:Wow Jc, thats full of **** and you know it.
Let me just kill all the fertile turkeys, its not like i needed 2 years to collect them. Same goes for golden goose.
Let me just kill off all animals, its not like i need obscene ammount of money to get ones with decent stats.
The reason why people massproduce is because it takes less time to make a suply for an extended time than to do it day to day when you compare time invested.
And yet you are trying to make food rot, bars rust, trees die off and other retarded ****.
Yes, people can play casual and enjoy the game but they cannot experiance the true salem.
And you are doing that, you are killing the unforgiving,hard and grindy salem where you could enjoy fruits of your labour.
Go ahead, 'improve' your game.
You have lots of butlickers that will clap and kiss ass on every patch you make not realising how void it is.

THIS!
gorniksam

Postby nosfirebird » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:51 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Lusewing wrote:Have people forgotten that this is a multiplayer game? Of course we are not able to do everything ourselves, that is what encorrges people to group together or trade. Maybe people just need to learn to make friends instead of complaining that they don't have time to do everything in game.

This.

If you find you cannot keep up by yourself. Join a town, or quit. Those who argue it is too difficult with solo gameplay has never been the way I have played, never been the way an MMO is typically designed to be played, and will never be supported or have any sympathy here. I have long stated that a solo player doing as well as they have is an unintended side effect of Salem, not one that I hate, but certainly not one that gets even an ounce of my consideration in mechanic changes.

you have people in large towns saying stop ***** your game up a few solo players saying stop ***** your game up then you have some randoms that dont care about the game cheering you on. just look at your tree disease thread thats the current state of your community saying "burn the world down ***** this game we out!"(im one of those ppl that voted burn the world down).
nosfirebird

Postby gorniksam » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:53 pm

nosfirebird wrote: your community saying "burn the world down ***** this game we out!"(im one of those ppl that voted burn the world down).

same tbh
gorniksam

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations