Gluttony Rework Mega-Thread

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Should Gluttony be Evaluated?

Stahp It! Leave it alone, its fine and its only a VOCAL minority who don't like it.
19%
Too much change is bad. Keep tweaking it and hopefully one day we hit a good place. The core system is fine.
40%
Make major changes to the existing system, like removing restores. Find new ways to force variety without removing the whole thing.
12%
Remove the whole thing and spend your time on making Cravings the new system.
16%
Remove the whole thing and go with the Inspirational Idea. A simple reason to make all the stuff, without making everything so dang complicated.
12%

Total votes : 105

Re: Gluttony Rework Mega-Thread

Postby Darwoth » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:30 am

NeiroShop wrote:
Darwoth wrote:
you are a moron that knows nothing or has no reading comprehension, i do not need protection you ***** idiot.

I really dont give 2 ***** what you think of me but saying you dont need something then complaining financial loss over some morons hacking your "electronic assets". Wasnt it a webpage where you showed off how awesome you were at pvp in games where stats of character always overshadowed skill?

thank you for once again demonstrating that you are a stupid ***** with no clue what you are talking about and freeing me up from further responses to you. no, ******* that single website dated back over a decade across a plethora of games and was used by approximately 30 people, that website had to be moved along with the another 5 on the same server since the entire network was crashed numerous times by the little ***** that did it costing the hundreds of other people and their sites with no involvement in anything whatsoever untold damages.

and does it particularly matter? it is still a felony and it is still out of game, it also led to more moronic jackassery.

you can put on the dunce hat and go sit in the corner pouting now, your sphincter is obviously still sore about whatever i did to you real or imagined so as with so many other absolute pieces of **** like yourself here any sense of objectivity or grounded reality is completely lost, which you have now demonstrated in each post you have made. in your childlike world that **** is "trolling for lulz" in my world someone caught doing it should be prosecuted and if convicted have their fingers cut off. understand the difference in viewpoints? probably not. thus we are at an impasse as eurotrash and liberal millenials come from a completely different world than i do. good day.

Brego wrote:derrrrrrrrrrrp

i was responding to a question, dont ask them if you dont want the answer.
Darwoth

Postby Dallane » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:26 pm

NeiroShop wrote:The PvP you say you came for amuses me as the pvp mechanics are just not very good, not during jorbtar nor during MM.This aint about skill like say For Honor,Arma,LoL or w/e PvP focused game. Its a game about who puts more hours into it to be able to smash the others.

Oh hey it's someone who has never pvp'd in this game and is clueless about how amazing it use to be.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby bergamoth87 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:21 pm

So... Please dont torch me, but i'll just toss a couple ideas here...

- Removing glutony and replacing it with Carvings only..
- Feasting set reducing the time for the next carving by some base or random %.
- This would mean having to "stock" different foods and etc, but i think it might be better than 800+bajels + restores every session...
- Purgatives for aditional Craving cooldown reduction...
- Spice & suggar also affecting the timmer on craving cooldown...
- Small icon ingame for the viability of the cooldown ofc...
- Wine boosting cravings (already on the works i guess, just more tweakings around it)
- Cravings stacking (so players don't have to log every X hours/mins)
or
- Cravings vanish/change after X hours if the food aint consumed so players aint stuck with fruits for weeks (i guess grapes fix it).

Anyway, these are just some small ideas, please, if you're going to disagree, please don't just make a broad "its all ****" comment or focus on 1 single aspect of the list and disregard ALL the rest, or just focus on insulting the player/person and ignore the general idea... Or w/e, this is an internet forum after all :lol: .

Obs: I know it must feel unfair for new players/alts to make a possible slower humor progression after so many of us already have humors above the 2k and etc.. But, again, these ideas could be tweaked and the grouth speed mantained, except a little less grinding of the same 2-3 materials every day/week/year/century/age.
bergamoth87

Postby Marinez » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:21 pm

IMO,

Current gluttony system encourages alt spamming.
-Easy 500 bile in 2 weeks if you are rich
-Easy 200 bile in 2 weeks without refreshers

People that manage to survive for a year are able to take full use of the gluttony system and not abuse it. Players who have been around for a decade abuse it and ravish the world with their cheap throw away characters.

Poor people/noobs get raided non stop by alts, destroys the community and player base.

I think it just needs to be time based to prevent alt growing.
Marinez

Postby bergamoth87 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:13 pm

Marinez wrote:IMO,

Current gluttony system encourages alt spamming.
-Easy 500 bile in 2 weeks if you are rich
-Easy 200 bile in 2 weeks without refreshers

People that manage to survive for a year are able to take full use of the gluttony system and not abuse it. Players who have been around for a decade abuse it and ravish the world with their cheap throw away characters.

Poor people/noobs get raided non stop by alts, destroys the community and player base.

I think it just needs to be time based to prevent alt growing.

Honestly, the alts will still be here, so no real way to do away with them besides a server reset, which has been stated that wont happen (which i'm ok with, that's just salem and i love it lol).
bergamoth87

Postby Dallane » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:21 pm

Marinez wrote:Poor people/noobs get raided non stop by alts, destroys the community and player base.

This is 100% not true
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby bergamoth87 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:33 pm

Dallane wrote:
Marinez wrote:Poor people/noobs get raided non stop by alts, destroys the community and player base.

This is 100% not true

Ohhhh shiiiii... Fake news?! (is this joke still relevant?)

Sorry, just trying to create some drama.
bergamoth87

Postby Ronch » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:02 pm

I have to agree that once a player establishes a defendable production base, then it is (slightly) to easy to level humors, even for a new player like myself....but that is just my opinion from a new player's perspective.

But even so:
As a solo player still surviving in this awesome game, I have (out of necessity) raised a small army of what you call "throw-away-alts" I have them so that I wont have to sacrifice one of my main crafting characters to exact justice or revenge on another player, or commit an otherwise harshly punished crime, or just to quickly expedite the removal of an unwanted squatter near my claimed territory.
...This doesn't ruin the game at all, as a matter of fact with the way this game works from my point of view so far... it would ruin the game if we were not allowed to train and keep what you call "throw-way-alts"
...I've also found crime alts very useful for exploring the map, or looking for explorer events, it takes larceny-skill to harvest one of the best explorer events.
I'm sure not going to send one of my main crafting characters very far out to harvest it, nor will I send one of them very far out to loot a recently abandoned base that I find with one of my alts either.

A few other points I'de like to make about your post are;
1, Any player who has invested the time and energy in this game to be able to level a 100 or 300 or 500 or even a 1k+ humor alt at an accelerated pace, they very much deserve that earned right. (with or without refreshers)

2, All of the noobs that quit playing this game shortly after starting it that I've witnessed so far, are folks who assumed that this game is something other than what it is genre wise, so they make more than several mistakes in more than several different ways.
They make those said mistakes because they either think of themselves as to smart to take the time to do a bit of reading or to smooth to ask noob-questions about easily accessed information on how to survive inside of this "survival" game.

3, My last point is that you have the same opportunity to take advantage of features in this game just as much as anyone else who is playing it does.
So, if you choose not to do that, then it's your fault and not the fault of those who do choose to take advantage of those opportunities.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Nsuidara » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:55 am

bergamoth87 wrote:- Removing glutony and replacing it with Carvings only..

I don't like this idea, because im (now) not play so often... and i ignore totaly craving because it's not worth for me spend time... for 1 or 1 each bile point...
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby bergamoth87 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:10 pm

Nsuidara wrote:
bergamoth87 wrote:- Removing glutony and replacing it with Carvings only..

I don't like this idea, because im (now) not play so often... and i ignore totaly craving because it's not worth for me spend time... for 1 or 1 each bile point...

Exactly, but the idea is to IMPROVE Cravings, not leaving as it is right now. With sets/buffs etc you could get "around" the same you get from glutony sessions. Just that it woundt be a grindfest for 1.000 of the same materials every 5/10/15/30 days at it is now..
bergamoth87

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations