Tree Diseases

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

How many tiles should Tree Disease Spread?

2 so I can still make woods in my base.
33%
3 so I can have a pot or beehive next to them and still squeeze by
6%
4 so that orchards are spread out and fruit is more valuable.
11%
5 because board piles spacing is how the cool kids do it.
2%
6-8 because bases should be for infastructure and trees should be speckled about like town border stones.
2%
10+ because I want to watch the world burn.
45%

Total votes : 125

Tree Diseases

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:00 pm

Trees will soon become infected by bark beetles. About 10-20% of how frequently they 'bloomed' in the previous mechanic. This will be all trees. This will cause many tears. The question for you is, how many tiles should the disease spread from tree to tree. I'm fully aware the consquence that your massive orchards crammed into tiny spaces will suck now, I'm sorry.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Re: Tree Diseases

Postby Taipion » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:07 pm

What will the beetles do?

Does this effect naturally grown trees, too?

Does this mean we will soon have no more trees in the wilds?

[edit:]
And why not have fruit trees bloom like 1/4th of what they do now and just not introduce something that will just end up in more chores?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Zapt13 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:24 am

So I read this as fruit trees only, with an occurrence frequency of 1/15th of the pre-buff blossom rate?
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:04 am

All trees, with the frequency of 10% frequency in which fresh stumps turn to dead ones.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Reviresco » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:10 am

Probably goes without saying, but I'm hoping you give much more weight to posts than votes. I'm hardly a serious player and I could vote four times if I wanted.
Reviresco

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:10 am

Reviresco wrote:Probably goes without saying, but I'm hoping you give much more weight to posts than votes. I'm hardly a serious player and I could vote four times if I wanted.

Are you trying to suggest people use alts in this game?!

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:14 am

´why work on something this useless when theres stuff like upgradable walls, lockpicking, proximity technology, new houses, release of old stored content and items in the code thats usued, minecarts, Horses, Witchcraft etc...?
Heffernan

Postby Reviresco4 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:14 am

Reviresco wrote:Probably goes without saying, but I'm hoping you give much more weight to posts than votes. I'm hardly a serious player and I could vote four times if I wanted.

stfu
Reviresco4

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:17 am

Heffernan wrote:´why work on something this useless when theres stuff like upgradable walls, lockpicking, proximity technology, new houses, release of old stored content and items in the code thats usued, minecarts, Horses, Witchcraft etc...?

Because trees became broken when ya'll cried for more reliable blooming as pushed in the last patch. I must bring balance to the force.

Also mechanics that kill your stuff is about the farthest away from 'useless' that I can think of.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby lachlaan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:30 am

Bringing production potential back down to what it used to be, or even a bit less is fine. I can see why you'd need to counter an OP patch, but changing the spread distance to something too big is just gonna make people have to reorganize everything when the old system would've been less hassle. As you've hopefully noticed from the gluttony thread, people don't necessarily work harder to compensate for inconveniences, they just eliminate stuff that's too much of a hassle. So if it is gonna spread between trees packed too tightly I hope it won't just be a guaranteed spread making half of an orchard die. If it somehow emulates the old failure of some trees to bloom but with some rhyme and reason to it then fine.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations