Tree Diseases

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

How many tiles should Tree Disease Spread?

2 so I can still make woods in my base.
33%
3 so I can have a pot or beehive next to them and still squeeze by
6%
4 so that orchards are spread out and fruit is more valuable.
11%
5 because board piles spacing is how the cool kids do it.
2%
6-8 because bases should be for infastructure and trees should be speckled about like town border stones.
2%
10+ because I want to watch the world burn.
45%

Total votes : 125

Re: Tree Diseases

Postby Chrumps » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:52 pm

You do realize fruit issues were in no meaningful way related to bots, but instead to keeping hundreds of maps loaded into server memory by alts locked with permissions and that the decay based mechanics completely missed it's point that was rewarding player's activity in the area ?

I would not use the distiller plugin in the from it was originally published because it was, and I think still is, unreliable. And I do not consider that a proper botting unless it walks all my rows of alchemist tables without being stuck at the corners. :lol: The whole point of plugins was to make up for stupid UI deficiencies like items being too small to click with a mouse or opening dozens of small windows only to place one thing in each window.

Also, fruit salad is a great food if you know how to make it.

And, no, ***** over the data sent to the client will not change anything in terms of bots, except adding some extra server and client load. As long as texts and images delivered to the player are recognizable, there is a way to intercept these in the code and exploit. It is the other way around, one can imagine measures to prevent easy combing of data to spot bot activity.
Chrumps

Postby strpk0 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:53 pm

Darwoth wrote:
edit: it would appear a dozen "Asendra" alt accounts wish for the ten tile option.

personally i agree, if more dumb **** is going to be put in we should at least go all the way and make it as dumb as humanly possible.

I'm glad you get me man, if I'm going to burn up running around trying to keep my stuff from being wiped out then I atleast want it to be REALLY horrible (and for the largest possible amount of people to share my fun, why not?).

It's either in or the ***** out, I don't care much for inbetween :lol:
strpk0

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:02 pm

Kukus hand got grew back?
Holy ****, bioengineering has come so far!
Anyhow, will kukus nudes surpass the value of bitcoin? Are they the currency of future?!
Call 1-800marp for a proffessional assessment!
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Darwoth » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:11 pm

Chrumps wrote:You do realize fruit issues were in no meaningful way related to bots, but instead to keeping hundreds of maps loaded into server memory by alts locked with permissions and that the decay based mechanics completely missed it's point that was rewarding player's activity in the area ?

I would not use the distiller plugin in the from it was originally published because it was, and I think still is, unreliable. And I do not consider that a proper botting unless it walks all my rows of alchemist tables without being stuck at the corners. :lol: The whole point of plugins was to make up for stupid UI deficiencies like items being too small to click with a mouse or opening dozens of small windows only to place one thing in each window.

Also, fruit salad is a great food if you know how to make it.

And, no, ***** over the data sent to the client will not change anything in terms of bots, except adding some extra server and client load. As long as texts and images delivered to the player are recognizable, there is a way to intercept these in the code and exploit. It is the other way around, one can imagine measures to prevent easy combing of data to spot bot activity.

nothing you said really matters (whether you use bots or not) because the only "fruit problem" that has existed at all since fruit was implemented has been entirely based off of the berry juice recipe once everyone started using the distiller plugin.

people loading tiles with alts is "messy" for people with OCD who give a **** about something like that. its not and never was "a problem" :lol: maybe if we had hundreds of people on at primetime instead of dozens like we once did and they were all keeping the entire server loaded each everbloom it would be a problem. and that problem would be corrected easily with changing how **** loads, not by making another tedious pain in the ass mechanic that does nothing but increase "chores" in game.

you are also just doing the same grasping at straws techno jargon ***** that again, i have heard since i started playing these things when i was a kid. the folks who make such statements are either botters or developers whom are lazy or lack the experience to correct the problem. i have played pretty much every pvp based game other than asherons call that was made between UO and salem. i have seen both sides of the coin on both large and small companies. teams that care and want to prevent problem do so and not have the issue, those who dont find excuses and prattle them off at lightning speed. i am not going to debate the topic of "the impossibility of preventing bots" with some tard that just wants to argue for the sake of doing so since i just got done agreeing there will always be a workaround.

the solution nonetheless remains the same. which is for it to be illegal so you are risking your pixel grind should you be caught. remove the discussion forum dedicated to it and to make it is as difficult as possible for them to function for any length of time. these changes all come after there is an official client that is actually useable and not inferior to the one from legends of kesmai.
Darwoth

Postby Darwoth » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:13 pm

strpk0 wrote:
I'm glad you get me man, if I'm going to burn up running around trying to keep my stuff from being wiped out then I atleast want it to be REALLY horrible (and for the largest possible amount of people to share my fun, why not?).

It's either in or the ***** out, I don't care much for inbetween :lol:

indeed, i see your noble protest and raise you 10 points!
Darwoth

Postby Chrumps » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:30 pm

Your banning of bots will work exactly like banning of locator tool worked. General public has nothing, and those who want have it still.

The same will happen to the custom client and plugins. Some people will keep the current version and will keep developing it while general public will get nothing.

While you *might* be able to enforce ban on some stupid obvious botting, like auto walking 1000s of cotton fields, there is no way to enforce using the official client, especially when it is written in Java. And that opens numerous ways to get advantage over people using official client, starting from basics like mine lighting. FYI this has been done to H&H client before it was open source.

And, well, that's what makes your ideas leftist-alike: thinking that imposing bans will get you anywhere and hoping that you can still keep the advantages by circumventing these regulations.
Chrumps

Postby Darwoth » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:43 pm

pretty sure at this point your just another clownshoe that uses bots, pretends it isnt a bot because its called a "plugin" and therefore the conversation is pointless as your entire purpose is not to impede bots and botting but to make excuses for them.

calling me leftist is about the dumbest thing anyone has ever said to me. if i was left handed i would probably rip my arm off just to ensure i did not turn into a commie euro bot user.

and what advantages? i so not use kandarims client (it is twice as laggy as enders and prone to crashing during pvp) and the only difference is that it has a huge array of lame **** for people who suck at the game in it that i would keep turned off anyway) or bots.

the new official client we will never get would have held all of the basic features of the various custom clients such as the lighting you mentioned, hotbars, zoomable and clickable minimap etc. and of course the same thing was done with ***** on havens client since salem is still using the unplayable piece of crap that the people who made that client made for salem when they were devving it, thats the point.

again, as i said back in 2014 or so when it was first acquired by the new folks the games number one priority that it needs before anything else is quite simply a real client that will allow people to enjoy the game yet does not have all the stupid **** like bots, alternating graphics, color blooms on rare spawns so a blind moron can see them from a thousand miles away, the built in timers that dumb **** down and so on. all of that **** needs to go. if it doesnt the playerbase will continue to decline until the game is nothing more than heffernan raiding his own borderstone and posting about it to argue with his own alt accounts for months on end.
Darwoth

Postby Chrumps » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:24 am

Darwoth wrote:if i was left handed i would probably rip my arm off just to ensure i did not turn into a commie euro bot user.

I was merely pointing out that your ideas of solving problems become similar to what left wingers are pushing. I still hope you can see the light and there will be no need to tear away your precious bodily members.

The right way is to take away profits from using bots and in case of the distiller plugin that makes you so butthurt that would be fixing UI so all distillers could be accessed as single inventory, removing the need for the plugin.

Darwoth wrote:until the game is nothing more than heffernan raiding his own borderstone and posting about it to argue with his own alt accounts for months on end.

So you admit you are Heffernan's alt. You've got me at this point.
Chrumps

Postby Darwoth » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:33 am

Chrumps wrote:
Darwoth wrote:if i was left handed i would probably rip my arm off just to ensure i did not turn into a commie euro bot user.

I was merely pointing out that your ideas of solving problems become similar to what left wingers are pushing. I still hope you can see the light and there will be no need to tear away your precious bodily members.

The right way is to take away profits from using bots and in case of the distiller plugin that makes you so butthurt that would be fixing UI so all distillers could be accessed as single inventory, removing the need for the plugin.

Darwoth wrote:until the game is nothing more than heffernan raiding his own borderstone and posting about it to argue with his own alt accounts for months on end.

So you admit you are Heffernan's alt. You've got me at this point.

since you are now just pointlessly screwing polish lightbulbs in again allow us to return to the real topic. what in your infinite wisdom is wrong with the removing berry juice from the fruit recipes and/or replacing it with grapejuice which is made in the same manner that oil is thus the same for everyone botting or not? did you have an actual valid point of any kind or are you just making noise for the sake of doing so?
Darwoth

Postby Judaism » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:10 am

By now the majority of players has an interface like this, if not even more plugins:

All of which to me should be considered botting/macroing, I was not aware of these ''public'' plugins up until recently nor have I been using them but if this will get ignored for much longer I certainly will make a couple myself, for obviously non production based purposes. If they can get away with bypassing some of the tedious tasks, get sound warnings when they see a player on the mini-map and much more then surely the line is very unclear and encourages people to make their own macro's, plugins and other abusive tools.

For example I know quite a few players who have been using intensified versions of said things privately for several years now, I have yet to see anyone banned for it.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations