Gluttony

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Gluttony

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:33 pm

Ignore the part about it being "old". Tell me why the current system is "broken" and I might consider what you are saying.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Nsuidara » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:46 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:Ignore the part about it being "old". Tell me why the current system is "broken" and I might consider what you are saying.

- many recipes, they are useless
- many groups of food - they must exists it because here exists debuff - it is totally unnecessary (that part Hungry System work)
- too many subprocesses to produce food, hunt + fieds + garden + boiled + bake etc. in low-rate food...
- contrived - we need something simpler
last one It's difficult to balance
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:27 pm

So what you are saying is we need to just change recipes of the lower tier foods.

No need to revamp the whole system into something else just because of that.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Dallane » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:03 pm

Nsuidara wrote: aids

I got full blown dog aids just reading this. Like others have said it hurts the system more than it helps.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:04 pm

Nsuidara wrote:- many recipes, they are useless

I have challenged players on numerous occasions to show me the unbalance or uselessness of recipes. I now pass that torch to you.

Show me two recipes, where one recipe in ALL cases is a better recipe to use and I will consider balancing that. For every day that you fail to do so, is an admission that the current system/balance is perfect.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Nsuidara » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:19 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Show me two recipes, where one recipe in ALL cases is a better recipe to use and I will consider balancing that. For every day that you fail to do so, is an admission that the current system/balance is perfect.

You are right I am just not experienced enough to find any shortcomings but I feel that perhaps somebody who is a better player than me can do so.
i hope they try because it is too hard for me to figure out and i just comment on how i feel without knowing how to fix.
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby lachlaan » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:20 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Nsuidara wrote:- many recipes, they are useless

I have challenged players on numerous occasions to show me the unbalance or uselessness of recipes. I now pass that torch to you.

Show me two recipes, where one recipe in ALL cases is a better recipe to use and I will consider balancing that. For every day that you fail to do so, is an admission that the current system/balance is perfect.

Challenge accepted, will edit after i have dinner. I think the sheer amount of recipes makes it daunting to try and formulate a coherent assessment. Also i have an issue formatting legible posts
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Judaism » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:28 pm

Nsuidara wrote:really - we don't need a lot of recipes

I very much agree so, its overcomplicated and a fair share of the current recipes are mind-blowing pointless. A craving system even with the full use of wine does not solve the issue.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby nosfirebird » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:29 pm

Nsuidara wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:Show me two recipes, where one recipe in ALL cases is a better recipe to use and I will consider balancing that. For every day that you fail to do so, is an admission that the current system/balance is perfect.

Why i shoud do this ?
Example. Bajgiels vs vs Tenderboiled Terrine + Slow Roast ?
and you will nerf Bajgiels ?

You can only feel shame.
I will not play your buckwheat - where i show RECIPE and you will nerf it
Do you know the way ?

Except one food ALL Domesticated Meat it's usless.

Player focus for food where here its low things to do.
Food where need 2-3 tier plants from fields + plants for garden + for meat or combine this... player choose where it's small work to do...

the whole category is pretty much worthless i glutted 1 time with dom meat and wont do it again there are no ok restores argo eggs are a severe timesink to farm and candy is worthless at 50/50 have to eat 5 of them to restore id suggest argo eggs go 40/80 and candy go 30/80
nosfirebird

Postby Nsuidara » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:45 pm

nosfirebird wrote:
Nsuidara wrote:

Why i shoud do this ?
Example. Bajgiels vs vs Tenderboiled Terrine + Slow Roast ?
and you will nerf Bajgiels ?

You can only feel shame.
I will not play your buckwheat - where i show RECIPE and you will nerf it
Do you know the way ?

Except one food ALL Domesticated Meat it's usless.

Player focus for food where here its low things to do.
Food where need 2-3 tier plants from fields + plants for garden + for meat or combine this... player choose where it's small work to do...

the whole category is pretty much worthless i glutted 1 time with dom meat and wont do it again there are no ok restores argo eggs are a severe timesink to farm and candy is worthless at 50/50 have to eat 5 of them to restore id suggest argo eggs go 40/80 and candy go 30/80

It's right
Example, Berries wasn't good food ethier, now JC implement "Players now get refunded hte Jar when consuming Cranberry Sauce." before was usless, but still player can't produce Sugar :P
Nsuidara
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations