Salem-friendly hunger system idea

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Salem-friendly hunger system idea

Postby Taipion » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:09 pm

Up to the "regen food" part I almost thought this was a serious idea... :lol:

Though I think JC once said he thought about food giving it's FnF also when eaten instead of gluttoned.^^

In case you actually are serious with that:
Having QnQ reduce by itself over time is obviously in contradiction to the current implementation where it is meant as an incentive to do gluttony/cravings and act as a penalty (no more drinking) if ignored for too long.
How do you cope with this point?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion
 
Posts: 2349
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: Salem-friendly hunger system idea

Postby LobsterSause » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:11 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:Bots yes, alts are a necessity due to the size of the game.

I'm playing 24/7. Have only one char. Perfectly multifunctional.
Don't understand why it's a necessity :|
LobsterSause
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Salem-friendly hunger system idea

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:20 pm

LobsterSause wrote:
ZoddAlmighty wrote:Bots yes, alts are a necessity due to the size of the game.

I'm playing 24/7. Have only one char. Perfectly multifunctional.
Don't understand why it's a necessity :|

Great, now become a witch with that character.
Good luck traveling between coast and your base.
Good luck hunting in real deep darkness .
Or raiding for that matter.
I mean, you just proven to me that you have no actuall idea how large the game is and that you just spout nonsense.
-1, horrible idea from an unexperianced player.
Come back in 1 year and offer input.
ZoddAlmighty
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:45 pm

Re: Salem-friendly hunger system idea

Postby LobsterSause » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:40 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:Great, now become a witch with that character.
Good luck traveling between coast and your base.
Good luck hunting in real deep darkness .
Or raiding for that matter.
I mean, you just proven to me that you have no actuall idea how large the game is and that you just spout nonsense.
-1, horrible idea from an unexperianced player.
Come back in 1 year and offer input.

Meh.. : 8-)
Well i am unexperienced player, this is true.
And that's probably for good.
Because you're the one, who is missing the actual fun.
Higher the risk - higher the reward. So obvious.
What you doing is simply defying permadeath mechanics with your 10+ characters.
It's just a way to cheat.
What's the fun to play if you can't lose?


I think you can't play the game with one char cause you would feel "shakey" in the face of danger. :lol:
LobsterSause
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Salem-friendly hunger system idea

Postby nosfirebird » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:54 pm

LobsterSause wrote:
ZoddAlmighty wrote:The main issue i have is being forced to 'maintain' biles.
Its easy to do when you only have one character, but increase that to just 10 (many people have so much more than ten), and we have a problem.


It is true. And that's why i like it even more. I honestly think that having alts and bots does harm to the game.

would be fine when your at 800 and below but 2k glutts take a few days to make also you need raiding alts that can be thrown away. if you dont agree go to a random active town with your main and steal something off the ground and see how fast ur main dies ;)
nosfirebird
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:47 am

Re: Salem-friendly hunger system idea

Postby LobsterSause » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:07 pm

nosfirebird wrote:would be fine when your at 800 and below but 2k glutts take a few days to make

See? Now this mechanic is even better as it is capable of making titans weaker. If it was like that from the beginning of the game 2k characters wouldn't exist.
Game would be more balanced.

As for raiding alts..what do i even say..it's a cancer. But yet again.. if there was less alts in the beginning - would be easier raiding mechanic nowadays.
And no need in alts for raiding.
LobsterSause
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Salem-friendly hunger system idea

Postby LobsterSause » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:08 pm

Taipion wrote:In case you actually are serious with that:
Having QnQ reduce by itself over time is obviously in contradiction to the current implementation where it is meant as an incentive to do gluttony/cravings and act as a penalty (no more drinking) if ignored for too long.
How do you cope with this point?

My bad.
Though maybe it can be reimagined a little for the sake of adding survival aspect.
LobsterSause
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Salem-friendly hunger system idea

Postby LobsterSause » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:21 pm

It's funny how you guys actually think that playing this game requires you to have 10+ characters and raid people.

And while raiding someone you have to feel safe..
LobsterSause
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Salem-friendly hunger system idea

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:25 pm

I see where you are going with it and I once dabbled with similar ideas. However, the entire insanity/madness system was developed as a 'maintenance' of sorts to make sure there is a minimum investment being made for the act of playing. I find hunger and dehydration to be in a similar vein and I am wary about adding a handful of penalties which are accrued by virtue of nothing more than playtime.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
User avatar
JohnCarver
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6826
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:02 am

Re: Salem-friendly hunger system idea

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:32 pm

LobsterSause wrote:It's funny how you guys actually think that playing this game requires you to have 10+ characters and raid people.

And while raiding someone you have to feel safe..

Learn the game bud.
ZoddAlmighty
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:45 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests