The need of encrypting the login on the web

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

The need of encrypting the login on the web

Postby Freedoom » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:43 pm

It is needed (with some urgency) to add an encryptation to the loging in the loging page. Why? Because if anybody log into the game using a public network could lose his or her account. Why? Because the login should be in a https page, so now the information of user and pass is travelling across the network without encrypting and that means anybody can sniff that information and steal it.
Freedoom
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:31 am

Re: The need of encrypting the login on the web

Postby Dallane » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:24 am

Freedoom wrote:It is needed (with some urgency) to add an encryptation to the loging in the loging page. Why? Because if anybody log into the game using a public network could lose his or her account. Why? Because the login should be in a https page, so now the information of user and pass is travelling across the network without encrypting and that means anybody can sniff that information and steal it.


You must be new to computers.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 14848
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: The need of encrypting the login on the web

Postby Freedoom » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:25 pm

Dallane wrote:
Freedoom wrote:It is needed (with some urgency) to add an encryptation to the loging in the loging page. Why? Because if anybody log into the game using a public network could lose his or her account. Why? Because the login should be in a https page, so now the information of user and pass is travelling across the network without encrypting and that means anybody can sniff that information and steal it.


You must be new to computers.


Are You serious? Which are your arguments? Because I am trying to help using explanations which contains many details and arguments (technical information), and do You say only that?. Are You kidding me?. I understand that You are not software developer or web developer or systems administrator. Well, I do.
Last edited by Freedoom on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freedoom
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:31 am

Re: The need of encrypting the login on the web

Postby Rifmaster » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:33 pm

Freedoom wrote:
Are You serious? Which are your arguments? Because I am trying to help using explanations which contains many details and arguments, and do You say only that?. Are You kidding me?.


You must be new to this forum.
User avatar
Rifmaster
 
Posts: 1544
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:13 am
Location: Chernobyl

Re: The need of encrypting the login on the web

Postby Freedoom » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:35 pm

What that means? do you mean I am wasting my time here trying to heltp to somebody?.
Freedoom
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:31 am

Re: The need of encrypting the login on the web

Postby Dallane » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:41 pm

Freedoom wrote:What that means? do you mean I am wasting my time here trying to heltp to somebody?.


The login page hasn't changed in over 5 years. The only time people lose accounts is when they give the information out themselves. I highly doubt there is a ring of cyber criminals looking to get your salem pixels.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 14848
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: The need of encrypting the login on the web

Postby Rifmaster » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:44 pm

Dallane wrote: I highly doubt there is a ring of cyber criminals looking to get your salem pixels.


And if there is, we'll just call the cyber police
User avatar
Rifmaster
 
Posts: 1544
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:13 am
Location: Chernobyl

Re: The need of encrypting the login on the web

Postby Dallane » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:57 pm

Rifmaster wrote:
Dallane wrote: I highly doubt there is a ring of cyber criminals looking to get your salem pixels.


And if there is, we'll just call the cyber police


GOOD LUCK IM BEHIND 7 PROXIES
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 14848
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: The need of encrypting the login on the web

Postby Freedoom » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:58 pm

All that is cool, but imagine the case when a person is usen the same pass for different things, like: Salem, hotmail, Gmail, etc. and then if he/she lost 1 login also is losing other things more importants. It is only an example, but I see You have a great understanding of the concept security, anyway, what matters? Only It would be a little bug in something which you are offering to the public and can ***** her life. Nothing important. And me worried because I thought a good computer technician or a software developer or etc. have to offer always a product free of bugs and overall: safe. That is the minimum. But it is ok, don't fix nothing :). Anyway, to the normal people: better don't connect to the forum page in public or shared networks...
Freedoom
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:31 am

Re: The need of encrypting the login on the web

Postby Dallane » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:12 am

Freedoom wrote:All that is cool, but imagine the case when a person is usen the same pass for different things, like: Salem, hotmail, Gmail, etc. and then if he/she lost 1 login also is losing other things more importants. It is only an example, but I see You have a great understanding of the concept security, anyway, what matters? Only It would be a little bug in something which you are offering to the public and can ***** her life. Nothing important. And me worried because I thought a good computer technician or a software developer or etc. have to offer always a product free of bugs and overall: safe. That is the minimum. But it is ok, don't fix nothing :). Anyway, to the normal people: better don't connect to the forum page in public of shared networks...


I do want to clarify that I do agree that the page should be in https. As with all things security related there might be a reason it's not implemented. I just checked haven and hearth and it is in the same situation. Loftar more than likely has a good reason why it's not on there or here. Have you checked the client log in?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 14848
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests