The Adventures of Paranoid Peter

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: The Adventures of Paranoid Peter

Postby Heffernan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:51 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Nikixos wrote:numen was in game before beta, will it work different than livestream?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPI6z1Ts1nk
what stays?


Nothing from original Numen stays. We are re-writing WitchCraft from the ground up.


how does one get to test server? :shock:
User avatar
Heffernan
 
Posts: 8120
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:07 pm
Location: Marps Closet

Re: The Adventures of Paranoid Peter

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:55 am

Heffernan wrote:how does one get to test server? :shock:

Right now its still just populated with all the original habitants of Jamestown.

In the early days of Paradox and Seatribe there was a Non-Disclosure Agreement that none of the players would ever be actually TOLD they were on the test server of Jamestown, so that they thought their time and efforts on that server mattered and nothing would be suspicious. In the spirit of tradition when we acquired the title we also never told them. A few players from Jamestown 'realized' what was happening and then went to Providence. But a great many of them still play there today just as oblivious as they always were that Jamestown is not actually a real game server.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
User avatar
JohnCarver
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6784
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:02 am

Re: The Adventures of Paranoid Peter

Postby Heffernan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:57 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Heffernan wrote:how does one get to test server? :shock:

Right now its still just populated with all the original habitants of Jamestown.

In the early days of Paradox and Seatribe there was a Non-Disclosure Agreement that none of the players would ever be actually TOLD they were on the test server of Jamestown, so that they thought their time and efforts on that server mattered and nothing would be suspicious. In the spirit of tradition when we acquired the title we also never told them. A few players from Jamestown 'realized' what was happening and then went to Providence. But a great many of them still play there today just as oblivious as they always were that Jamestown is not actually a real game server.


speaking in terms of helping squash bugs :P
User avatar
Heffernan
 
Posts: 8120
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:07 pm
Location: Marps Closet

Re: The Adventures of Paranoid Peter

Postby lachlaan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:00 am

JohnCarver wrote: Jamestown is not actually a real game server.


Hissssssss , Jamestown is the only real game server.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer
 
Posts: 2002
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: The Adventures of Paranoid Peter

Postby Ronch » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:02 am

[edit] *Moved post to another thread.
Last edited by Ronch on Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
User avatar
Ronch
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:46 am

Re: The Adventures of Paranoid Peter

Postby Methuzelah23 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:23 am

lachlaan wrote:
JohnCarver wrote: Jamestown is not actually a real game server.


Hissssssss , Jamestown is the only real game server.


Wait, there were other servers besides JT?
User avatar
Methuzelah23
Master Carpenter
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:43 am

Re: The Adventures of Paranoid Peter

Postby lachlaan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:31 am

Methuzelah23 wrote:
lachlaan wrote:
JohnCarver wrote: Jamestown is not actually a real game server.


Hissssssss , Jamestown is the only real game server.


Wait, there were other servers besides JT?


I heard rumors of some other test servers but never got roped into bug-testing slavery and was able to enjoy JT to the fullest before postcardpocalypse.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer
 
Posts: 2002
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: The Adventures of Paranoid Peter

Postby Ronch » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:52 pm

lachlaan wrote: bug-testing slavery

Slavery !
That would be awesome in the game, especially if it was linked to players begging for mercy, or players willingly entering an indentured servant contract.
We could awe their ear to a door-post !!! :lol:
...This is the first Ive heard of this feature even being tested anywhere, but I assume the slaves were NPC's.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
User avatar
Ronch
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:46 am

Re: The Adventures of Paranoid Peter

Postby MaxPlanck » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:31 pm

Ronch will be my first slave.
User avatar
MaxPlanck
Customer
 
Posts: 913
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Re: The Adventures of Paranoid Peter

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:12 pm

Ronch wrote:That would be awesome in the game, especially if it was linked to players begging for mercy, or players willingly entering an indentured servant contract.
We could awe their ear to a door-post !!! :lol:
...This is the first Ive heard of this feature even being tested anywhere, but I assume the slaves were NPC's.

Slavery concepts are well under design. But they will not be implemented in a manner to which would garnish us too much unwanted attention. However, 'slave labor' is our solution to the debt of tedious tasks that has been added to Salem.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
User avatar
JohnCarver
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6784
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:02 am

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests