Movement Animations

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Movement Animations

Postby gustavohvg » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:25 am

I liked every new animation. The "super-fast forage" that is (was?) Wander is VERY alike some African Traditional Religions rituals, where someone "incorporate" a dead, aged, and drunk spirit and thus can't stand up properly and moves chaotically :lol: :lol:

Please use for it for witches as a new kind of macabre dance
Main char: Alcabitus
gustavohvg

Postby Adelewhy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:48 am

Wander and forage animations are nice. The running one cracks me up. Reminds me of a "prancerising" exercising video that was going around the internet a few years ago.
Adelewhy

Postby gorniksam » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:48 am

GIVE BACK PREVIOUS KO ANIMATION
gorniksam

Postby Darwoth » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:43 am

they look like ****. the forage animation looks like a blind dog sniffing turds off the ground smashing his head into ****, the cricket hopping speed makes me want to go into an epileptic seizure and start convulsing on the floor and the run animation is just..... retarded? i guess people with rubber wrists that like to dress up as a drag queen might like it but i now prefer to walk whenever possible as a result instead.

cricket animation should just be put back how it was, was much more fluid/smooth and a cricket the size of a horse is not going to jump 2 inches, a real life cricket now has a longer stride than a "giant cricket" that is rideable.

forage animation should be slowed massively to not look retarded and the head angle should be an angle not staring directly at the ground.

run animation should be scrapped entirely and replaced with something that looks like someone running instead of the current version of someone on lsd flailing their arms at a moby concert.

edit: also the fact that when run is turned on and your carrying **** it bounces around side to side is just annoying to look at, im pretty sure there is a significant portion of the population that would get a headache or nausea playing the game from that aspect of the animation alone.
Darwoth

Postby grimkid » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:19 am

the run animation seems a little unnatural. all the other are awesome. i prefered the old running style
grimkid

Postby grapefruitv » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:35 am

I don't know why run animation gets so much hate. Personally I love it and think it fits Salem perfectly.
If someone's masculinity is affected by it, then I would assume something is wrong with their fragile manhood to begin with.
Sneaking animation is just the best.
Forage/wander, meh, I don't hate it, but can't say I love it either.

Crickets though are causing me headache. I have to turn off animations entirely when I ride them. And epileptic seizure is something that multiple independent players associated it with, that says something.
Also it doesn't even look right, jumps are too short for the size and speed of the cricket.
grapefruitv

Postby Rifmaster » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:11 am

Running is just crap, idk how anyone can deny it.
Rifmaster

Postby MaxPlanck » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 am

Some coats are currently clipping through capes when using run animation and its well...very noticable when the coat and cape are much different in color scheme.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations