Movement Animations

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Movement Animations

Postby MarpTarpton » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:15 pm

Hello,

Please consolidate constructive feedback regarding the movement animations (walk, wander, sneak, run, etc) into this thread. We will, over the course of the next few patches, be releasing, tweaking, and otherwise upsetting you with adjustments and movement animation changes. Feedback of a helpful nature will be taken very seriously. Thanks for the help :)
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Re: Movement Animations

Postby Nsuidara » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:17 pm

run + lift obj
animals body look dancing in air :D
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby vlfkwl101 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:21 pm

fracture debuff animation. drag a one leg and halting other leg.
ride canoe and horse(giant cricket too.) animation if you can ;)
vlfkwl101

Postby strpk0 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:25 pm

IMO walk is a bit too "stiff" as it currently stands, some movement in the torso/hip area + the arms also swinging from their elbows would help a lot.
Run is cool and fun as it is, but if more "seriousness" is desired then I'd suggest making the pilgrims point their hands a bit more inward (and keep them a bit closer to their body).
Wander's animation is a tad too fast imo, I imagine wander as a slightly faster-paced walk with maybe a bit more energetic movement.
The rest is fine IMO, but forage is definitely a bit to slow movement speed-wise, not sure if that change is up for debate though.
strpk0

Postby Rifmaster » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:33 pm

I assume you probably already know what I'm saying here, but if it's useful, here's how it would it would probably look nice
While running the hands should be bent at about 60 degrees and with the elbows reaching a bit behind the torso, then going forwards and moving slightly towards the median plane.
The whole torso and head should be slightly bent forwards with the head in a position looking a tiny bit down, but mostly forwards.
It should be synced so left arm goes with left leg, right leg with right arm.
At each step, the char's hips move a teeny tiny bit to the opposite side of whichever leg just hit the ground.
Also try to keep the chars from looking like they are going for a morning jog, since when a chase is happening, both characters should look like they are sprinting, not participating in a race walking event (or like they are happily frolicking through a meadow with blossoming flowers, which is what it looks like now).
Rifmaster

Postby Heffernan » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:34 pm

Crawling pls?

could make crawling not leave footprints AND not show up on the minimap
Heffernan

Postby Qiresea » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:45 pm

you should be able to crawl only when 1) you have a broken leg and/or 2) you are drunk
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:57 pm

The more I run around the more I fall in love with it to be honest. :oops:
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Paradoxyc » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:32 pm

Inertia would be nice so that the players move more naturally. Would also be nice not to clip back after walking forward as it does.

https://youtu.be/0C4fEZCYg2g?t=16m49s

This shows what I mean exactly
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Nikixos » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:37 pm

Can you please for the god of love rework the combat animations? I understand that 3 years ago when you had to rework all animations you didn't had so much experience and most of the combat animations we have today are so stiff compared to the old ones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjxNkbEXrlc
for reference
Image Image
Nikixos

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations