Trial by Fire

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Trial by Fire

Postby Heffernan » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:34 pm

Hey, could we increase the cost of a Trial by Fire?

at the moment a TbF has a VERY LOW cost (on the view of a experienced player) which means you can just spam it 24/7 with no downside on it so i suggest

1) add some steel or anything OR something else super valuable since TbFs arent supposed to be spammable once the other part removes it replace it, they are for Raiding towns means place one and protect it, then after 24h raid the town and remove it but not place TbF after TbF to stop a town from working (atleast for cheap)

OR

2)make it destructible Immediately since u should protect them anyway.
Heffernan

Re: Trial by Fire

Postby Dallane » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:35 pm

So is your town under it atm?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Heffernan » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:36 pm

Dallane wrote:So is your town under it atm?

yup, idc i can remove it in 20h, the point is they shouldnt be spammable unless you are manly enough to actually raid something.

((this is in NO way a QQ just a general idea to increase its cost wich should have been done long ago))
Heffernan

Postby MaxPlanck » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:47 pm

10 Oiled boards to make it. The other mats don't even count tbh.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Dallane » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:54 pm

Heffernan wrote:

yup, idc i can remove it in 20h, the point is they shouldnt be spammable unless you are manly enough to actually raid something.

((this is in NO way a QQ just a general idea to increase its cost wich should have been done long ago))

So it's not broken when you can do it but it is when it's done to you. You are real scum.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Heffernan » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:57 pm

Dallane wrote:
Heffernan wrote:

So it's not broken when you can do it but it is when it's done to you. You are real scum.

no thats not true i never place multiple TbF (unless i forget to pay) since i actually PROTECT mine and dont throw them in the wilderness.

this conversation is solely about spamming them every 24h with no cost.
Heffernan

Postby gustavohvg » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:12 pm

I think this is a good side of the game. To be able to annoy people without spending much time.

That being said yes they could require like 800 stones or 400 granites only to be a little more boring to make since they cause a real problem
Main char: Alcabitus
gustavohvg

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:32 pm

If it bothers you enough why don't you mortar it down?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby nosfirebird » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:34 pm

JohnCarver wrote:If it bothers you enough why don't you mortar it down?

8 steel vrs 10 oiled you cant move a mortar if you make it so mortars can be pulled or carried then problem solved
nosfirebird

Postby Heffernan » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:40 pm

nosfirebird wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:If it bothers you enough why don't you mortar it down?

8 steel vrs 10 oiled you cant move a mortar if you make it so mortars can be pulled or carried then problem solved

this, you can salvage a mortar but even 0-7 steel isnt worth it, an oiled board is worth 30s aka 300s for a TbF a Mortar is worth 4000s in Steel (not taking inthe 16 oileds and 12 nails) and not taking the ammo in
Heffernan

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations