Trial by Fire

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Trial by Fire

Postby nosfirebird » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:52 pm

Heffernan wrote:
nosfirebird wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:If it bothers you enough why don't you mortar it down?

8 steel vrs 10 oiled you cant move a mortar if you make it so mortars can be pulled or carried then problem solved

this, you can salvage a mortar but even 0-7 steel isnt worth it, an oiled board is worth 30s aka 300s for a TbF a Mortar is worth 4000s in Steel (not taking inthe 16 oileds and 12 nails) and not taking the ammo in

forgot about the ammo thats 11 anvils 5 pig iron ea
nosfirebird

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:58 pm

So what I'm hearing is you have a mechanic to eliminate the TBF. But you are either too cheap, or too lazy to use it.

Yeah, your problem will not be my problem here.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Nsuidara » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:05 am

I missing something...

From new update - free space between A pclaim and B pclaim is 4 tile ? right ?

today i test, only Townhouse, Brick Townhouse, Barn - can totaly block
so, if enemy wanna "unavailable" TbF they must spend 12x Glass Pane too

but you always can come with "mortar" (build around walls etc)
and play into the ball - you destroy TbF - they build again...

but ONE i think one problem there is...
you need 20h wait for destroy TbF - isnt problem, but they can build new TbF
and AGAIN block you possible teleport into prov

but i don't have "solve" this problem, because "first 10h give only background but still possible teleport" isnt right... because
under TbF - block teleport - its main point - for defenders can't run away (with items) - but still is possible :P

but meybe when Town was under TbF - Town should have break (like 2 days cooldown) for next possible TbF ?
or mebye possible faster destroy ?
Last edited by Nsuidara on Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:05 am

JohnCarver wrote:So what I'm hearing is you have a mechanic to eliminate the TBF. But you are either too cheap, or too lazy to use it.

Yeah, your problem will not be my problem here.

not cheap or lazy, but when someone can create a UNWALLED TbF for 300s and it takes 5000s to eleminate it and that EVERY DAY aka. in 10 days 3000s vs 50.000s

i have resources to spam 350 TbF right now, and i bet other people have even more.
Heffernan

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:14 am

You can also go kill the person dropping the waste claim to make them stop then.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:18 am

JohnCarver wrote:You can also go kill the person dropping the waste claim to make them stop then.

but the person can just make millions of easy more chars or hide inside a town and drop it whenever wherever he wants since its a 1000x1000 area a TbF
Heffernan

Postby MaxPlanck » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:19 am

A TbF can be made in secrecy from any angle of a town and unless you have...well you just can't.

You can't stop someone from Tbf'ing you from the shadows because the person who has Tbf'ed will remain a mystery if they retreat on the alt. YES, ALT>?!> And all this alt needs to do is log off nearby and pick up more TbF mats via, You guessed it! (Leanto reverse-stealing the mats onto the TbF making alt) so that even if the town scouts for the supposed culprit they will not find any outpost of who has been doing it and it is impossible to stop someone from doing it.

So when you just say hey! Stop them or spend the mortar mats every single time because the attacker can place the TbF in a plethora of spots of their choosing from any angle pretty much and you just like have to go :thinking:

Wowee,

but hey, what do I know about the game.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:23 am

MaxPlanck wrote:A TbF can be made in secrecy from any angle of a town and unless you have...well you just can't.

You can't stop someone from Tbf'ing you from the shadows because the person who has Tbf'ed will remain a mystery if they retreat on the alt. YES, ALT>?!> And all this alt needs to do is log off nearby and pick up more TbF mats via, You guessed it! (Leanto reverse-stealing the mats onto the TbF making alt) so that even if the town scouts for the supposed culprit they will not find any outpost of who has been doing it and it is impossible to stop someone from doing it.

So when you just say hey! Stop them or spend the mortar mats every single time because the attacker can place the TbF in a plethora of spots of their choosing from any angle pretty much and you just like have to go :thinking:

Wowee,

but hey, what do I know about the game.

Indeed. I understand the full implications of the response. But players seem to think that there is some 'balance' between interactions such as this. And there are not. The defender has lots of ways to 'lose' in the material trade to stop the shennanigans. Or the defender can just live with a TBF on his stuff. The aggressor risked going out into the open, building the TBF in the first place, and the mats, however small or great to build it.

Its working as intended for providence and further complaints will cause me to add additional structures that are even cheaper to allow further port blocking and inconvenience to people huddled up in their super strong bases.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Nsuidara » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:27 am

JohnCarver wrote:Its working as intended for providence and further complaints will cause me to add additional structures that are even cheaper to allow further port blocking and inconvenience to people huddled up in their super strong bases.

you are amazing :ugeek:
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby MaxPlanck » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:28 am

The aggressor risks nothing, they can use a 10 bile alt with say "just" 200+ YB, the few skills needed to actually build TbF and then they are set to go. And the chances of that **** alt getting caught is extremely slim.

Also this alt can easily be concealed in name and clothing choice so even if the alt gets caught you will still not know who the aggressor really was.
Last edited by MaxPlanck on Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
MaxPlanck
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations