about Salvaging...

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

about Salvaging...

Postby Taipion » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:57 pm

Salvaging has been no doubt a great addition to the game.
And there have been changes already, like the requirement to know how to build what you want to salvage, which is good.

There area though some things about it, that may be a bit off.

I know, for some of this, the situations where it applies may be few, but it's still something that should be considered.

Mines:
Due to being unable to secure anything in a mine with a claim, and the claim covering the mine not counting for the inside, anyone being able to get inside a mine has the option to salvage everything inside.
Now you say, just properly secure your mines, and otherwise you'd need greek fire to destroy anything in a mine if you need to... well, I liked it better that way, so that's that.

Walls, houses and structures in general:
If found without a claim, any of these otherwise highly resilient objects is gone within a few seconds if someone feels like it, I'm not saying it's gamebreaking but it feels odd.

All the free loot:
Once JC said that free loot is a bad thing, but now everything not on a claim is free salvage and free loot, and if you break into a common small or medium claim and destroy the claimstone, the base itself turns into free loot.


There are more things to this surely, and none of them is really game breaking, but as I said, it feels odd, and it turns a lot of things into free loot.


So what would be a good course of action?

I'd say:
Allow salvage only if it's on a claim, be it pclaim or tclaim, in addition to the requirement of it not being a crime.
This way you need to invest at least a bit if you want to get something.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion
 
Posts: 2316
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: about Salvaging...

Postby Rifmaster » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:15 pm

Nah it's fine the way it is
User avatar
Rifmaster
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:13 am
Location: Chernobyl

Re: about Salvaging...

Postby Goodman12 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:23 pm

Taipion wrote:This way you need to invest at least a bit if you want to get something.

I could pretty much **** on every part of this thread but I think this is the only one I need to respond to.
Are you saying that raiding a base under the current system and building a bell+domain p claims isn't a big enough investment?
I'll only accept this when they make it impossible to drop/transfer/port out lewt while under siege
OH but what if the claim stone is unpaid?!?!?!"
If you abuse the fact that claim stones work the same whether paid/unclaimed except for its destructibility then you deserve to lose everything in your base.
Goodman12 wrote:If stupidity was punishable by death, the majority of y'all would be dead
User avatar
Goodman12
 
Posts: 724
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:12 pm

Re: about Salvaging...

Postby Taipion » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:26 pm

Goodman12 wrote:
Taipion wrote:This way you need to invest at least a bit if you want to get something.

I could pretty much **** on every part of this thread but I think this is the only one I need to respond to.
Are you saying that raiding a base under the current system and building a bell+domain p claims isn't a big enough investment?
I'll only accept this when they make it impossible to drop/transfer/port out lewt while under siege
OH but what if the claim stone is unpaid?!?!?!"
If you abuse the fact that claim stones work the same whether paid/unclaimed except for its destructibility then you deserve to lose everything in your base.


totally unrelated, but I did not expect anything else o.o

[edit:] you might have not got it because you did not read it, but this thread is about salvaging, NOT about raiding and NOT about defense.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion
 
Posts: 2316
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: about Salvaging...

Postby Nikixos » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:29 pm

I hate it when i clean to the ground an actives guy base because he didnt pay his pclaim but idk i kind of feel savage is okay as it is altho these are good ideas :)
Image Image
Follow me on Youtube and Twitch!
User avatar
Nikixos
 
Posts: 1594
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:03 am
Location: Mexico

Re: about Salvaging...

Postby Goodman12 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:49 pm

Taipion wrote:totally unrelated, but I did not expect anything else o.o

[edit:] you might have not got it because you did not read it, but this thread is about salvaging, NOT about raiding and NOT about defense.

No, you thought that you would be able to make a ridiculous post like this under the guise of being concerned about all the free lewt to be had by players from abandon bases and such but in reality you're just worried about losing your own ****.
And even if that was not the case (which it is), by now most/all of those abandoned bases have been cleaned up so the only time players would be salvaging stuff is after raiding a base. So yeah, please elaborate why this thread is "NOT about raiding"/ "doesn't have anything to do with raiding" since your suggested changes is really only going to affect raiders.
Goodman12 wrote:If stupidity was punishable by death, the majority of y'all would be dead
User avatar
Goodman12
 
Posts: 724
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:12 pm

Re: about Salvaging...

Postby MaxPlanck » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:54 pm

This is a secret ploy for Concord to allow ppl to ignore the increased gap now added to Pclaims and still block it off as to stop players from salvaging the house because they aren't allowed to do so with salvaging anymore(if this suggestion were to be accepted) and all these 50-100 bile newbies would never be able to do anything to it without investment in greek fires or presumably boomstick barrels.
User avatar
MaxPlanck
Customer
 
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Re: about Salvaging...

Postby gustavohvg » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:10 pm

> "This is not gamebreaking but it feels weird"

> This game is weird

> > > Then, everything is fine as it is
Main char: Alcabitus
User avatar
gustavohvg
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:46 am
Location: Brazil

Re: about Salvaging...

Postby Taipion » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:12 pm

@goody you have no idea, the map will fill again with abandoned bases, and salvage = must not be a crime to be able to salvage, so NO this is NOT about raiding or defense, but you are only posting to troll, so go on by all means I just ignore you from here on

MaxPlanck wrote:This is a secret ploy for Concord to allow ppl to ignore the increased gap now added to Pclaims and still block it off as to stop players from salvaging the house because they aren't allowed to do so with salvaging anymore(if this suggestion were to be accepted) and all these 50-100 bile newbies would never be able to do anything to it without investment in greek fires or presumably boomstick barrels.


Yea, you got me! :D

No, seriously, that would be a side effect but... idk, is donuting noobs on concord a thing?!
I mean, it has worked that way, without salvaging, for years, is that a thing?

I still say, people had enough "fun" already salvaging literally everything,
there has been a balance fix already but I'd say balance it further by not making stuff free.



As for the actual raiding/crime related part:
Town Bells and Claimstones should not be salvageable, or simply return nothing,
but that's not really why I made this thread.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion
 
Posts: 2316
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: about Salvaging...

Postby Dallane » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:38 am

-1 bad idea as usual.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 15068
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests