Adding horn to help pop ups

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Adding horn to help pop ups

Postby Dallane » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:59 am

I think one of the problems that people are having is that they don't think the pop ups they get that will clearly explain mechanics is important. I think you need to add some sort of loud blast that will both blow out their speakers and grab their attention.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Re: Adding horn to help pop ups

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:19 am

What if I made the help bars like those old-school pop-ups on websites where if you click the X in the top right it bounces around until you get it like 5-7 times. That way its more effort to stay ignorant to mechanics than it is to actually scroll down and read them?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Dallane » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:57 am

JohnCarver wrote:What if I made the help bars like those old-school pop-ups on websites where if you click the X in the top right it bounces around until you get it like 5-7 times. That way its more effort to stay ignorant to mechanics than it is to actually scroll down and read them?

When a new help box pops up they will all pop up in any available space on the screen.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Heffernan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:10 am

also noticed if u do stuff fast enough in the tutorial being a elder the tribesman still speaks the old text and the new one, so if u finish 3 within no time he soeaks a older message, a old one and the new one spamming 3 at the same time in voice.
Heffernan

Postby Vigilance » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:11 am

I think a simple dialog box when closing the pop-up would suffice.

"Did you actually read this ****?"

and swap the Yes / No to be No / Yes, usually gets people. Potentially add a timer after hitting Yes, potentially add another box afterwards confirming that they read the pop-up...

Heffernan wrote:also noticed if u do stuff fast enough in the tutorial being a elder the tribesman still speaks the old text and the new one, so if u finish 3 within no time he soeaks a older message, a old one and the new one spamming 3 at the same time in voice.

This is a feature, cloning the funny tutorial man is an option to the fast folk among us. My only regret is that we can't have five or six instances of him talking at once.
Suffragium wrote:I love sausages.
Vigilance

Postby Dallane » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:16 am

Heffernan wrote:also noticed if u do stuff fast enough in the tutorial being a elder the tribesman still speaks the old text and the new one, so if u finish 3 within no time he soeaks a older message, a old one and the new one spamming 3 at the same time in voice.

lol yea this happened to me also. It was intense.

Dallane

Postby belgear » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:33 am

Tutorial is 5x quicker if you just gather all the mats on load
belgear
Customer

Postby Murphy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:22 pm

WTS a hickory nut, a tumbleweed, a drying rack and a woodblock for 200s
Murphy

Return to Ideas & Innovations