Using stalls to BUY

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Using stalls to BUY

Postby gustavohvg » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:51 am

Is this doable?

The commerce in the server isn't that active and the feat to buy stuff using stalls would be nice.

The stall owner would say the quantity that he needs for each item and the price, then players would click on his item and on the stall with the right button (or scroll his mouse wheel as in Building Posts).

Both new players and veterans would be happy - AND the delay between production and selling would be considerable less.
Main char: Alcabitus
gustavohvg

Re: Using stalls to BUY

Postby Paradoxyc » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:17 am

I'll give this a +1
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Dallane » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:45 am

I assume if npc's can do it then we could also. Would be really neat to have.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Forungi » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:13 am

This is a great idea, opens up trading more for players who dont really enjoy the forum landscape.
Forungi

Postby Lihz » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:11 am

Trading is a difficult way of life in Salem. Barrel trading and the like is keeping this from becoming farmville. We are already closing the gap to fast.
Lihz
Customer

Postby Dallane » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:39 pm

Lihz wrote:-1

Trading is a difficult way of life in Salem. Barrel trading and the like is keeping this from becoming farmville. We are already closing the gap to fast.

Thats why you pay a premium for a stall.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Paradoxyc » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:36 pm

I think it would be interesting if the mechanic did not allow for a "stop order", meaning people could keep selling the same things until the stall is out of money. That might make it a bit more dangerous to use
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Taipion » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:44 pm

Paradoxyc wrote:I think it would be interesting if the mechanic did not allow for a "stop order", meaning people could keep selling the same things until the stall is out of money. That might make it a bit more dangerous to use

That's all overkill, as Dallane already said it's the fee/tax that makes the difference.

So if you were to add buy-stalls, them having the same tax system as the sell-stalls would balance it already.
For you may use stalls, but it would always mean to pay extra for that "secure" trading.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Paradoxyc » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:51 pm

Taipion wrote:
Paradoxyc wrote:I think it would be interesting if the mechanic did not allow for a "stop order", meaning people could keep selling the same things until the stall is out of money. That might make it a bit more dangerous to use

That's all overkill, as Dallane already said it's the fee/tax that makes the difference.

So if you were to add buy-stalls, them having the same tax system as the sell-stalls would balance it already.
For you may use stalls, but it would always mean to pay extra for that "secure" trading.

What I mean is the way that buy stalls work for NPCs is that they have "Buy Prices", but don't have a limit. Until the buy offer is removed or the stall is out of money (in the case of a player stall), then players should be able to keep selling that item or items to the stall.

Example:
Stall is buying 100 Cotton Seeds for 2s
Guy sells 10,000 cotton seeds (100 seeds 100 times) for 200s total.

Just as the NPCs have a base item price either per x amount or per item, there isn't a way to stop the seller from selling more of a certain item than another item.

Also, there shouldn't be "buy stalls". Just "stalls" that have two way slots, either buying or selling for each slot.
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Qiresea » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:55 pm

it would probably be complicated to buy multi-use items or items with specific purity this way
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations