Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

good idea put Silver back in bank

Postby radkid1 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:08 am

withdrawn good but runing out room sucks people selling need bank for Silver
Image Image
radkid1

Re: good idea put Silver back in bank

Postby staxjax » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:48 pm

Thats one good reason to buy silver, so it gets stored in the bank for you. If you take out or forage too much, thats your problem I think.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Alxe » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:10 pm

staxjax wrote:Thats one good reason to buy silver, so it gets stored in the bank for you. If you take out or forage too much, thats your problem I think.

Commonly, banks do want your monies, and would complain if you withdrew it. I think the bank should be able to store an account or character's money. Anyways, the Store is too primitive as of now, before even changing the bank, the store should improve.
Alxe

Postby staxjax » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:07 am

There's probably a very good reason for not allowing people to 'bank' items and money. Of course, you could always just use an alt to store items like any hardcore player would do.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Banok » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:38 am

well I figured and am hoping that there might be player run banks. think about it I would have payed people money to store my silver last world when i am nomad'ing and dont have room for it all. they could store anything for you, and the interesting part is people could rob them.

so no dont add a proper bank like other games would, lets play banks and robbers. ;)

staxjax wrote:There's probably a very good reason for not allowing people to 'bank' items and money. Of course, you could always just use an alt to store items like any hardcore player would do.

lol I never thought of that, guess thats my idea shot.

alts really do kill alot of interesting gameplay...
Banok

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:34 am

Banok wrote:well I figured and am hoping that there might be player run banks. think about it I would have payed people money to store my silver last world when i am nomad'ing and dont have room for it all. they could store anything for you, and the interesting part is people could rob them.

Just look at EVE Online and player run banks in games.... Lesson learned?

I will say that overall they have been relatively successful and there's only a few major incidents marring the whole thing. I'm not saying the banking system should be sacrosanct, but if there's a community willing to put the man-power into protecting the bankers, it'll make the system more stable.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby TotalyMoo » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:06 pm

A player run bank would be amazing to have. I don't know what the plans are for being able to deposit into the bank but I remember there being a good reason not to be able to. Let me check with the guys responsible! :)
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Return to Ideas & Innovations