dont read this thread

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

dont read this thread

Postby Shroodle » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:14 am

kthnxbye
Last edited by Shroodle on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shroodle

Re: Lets not make it pay to progress?

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:16 am

Many players can make a few hundred silver an hour just farming indian feathers and arrowheads. Turning them into savage charms, and selling them to the vendor. I suggest you try that. Otherwise there are plenty of rare things a noobie can find that veterans will pay good silver for.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Nikixos » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:34 am

Image Image
Nikixos

Postby belgear » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:17 am

Right click a stall with a white top in town and look at what you can sell it. Also, check the stalls with the blue top for much cheaper iron. Run around and look for pigs or cows or lambs or goats and sell them to someone for huge amounts of silver. Finish the 10 trade orders and sell the medium/long ones you get after that. Pick up stuff off the ground until you find a 7 use inspirational that will sell for 200-500 silver. Get indian tracking and combine a indian feather and an arrowhead for a savage charm that the vendor will buy. Farm cotton and sell it at the vendor. Turn to hookin if all else fails.

there are just so many things to do to make silver, and purchasing it from the store is a waste of time. At least if you do make a purchase from the store buy a pack and sell it for far more than the amount of silver you would get for the same dollar amount
belgear
Customer

Postby Nsuidara » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:01 am

Shroodle wrote:I have played for at least 10 hours, found 5 silver. It costs 250 for 1 pig iron bar, it takes 3 bars for a ore smelter, but it also takes 2 nails so thats 2 more bars, oh but nails need an anvil, thats 5 more, so with masic math that is 10 bars at 250 a pop that is 2500 silver, assuming I find 5 silver every 10 hours, that is 5000 hours (6.8 months) of playtime for an ore smelter. Or we could spend $35 on the silver to buy it. No offense, but the game isn't worth $35 dollars in its present state. I would pay $2-$4 a month for increased inspiration gain, thats about it.

JohnCarver wrote:Many players can make a few hundred silver an hour just farming indian feathers and arrowheads.

or
http://salemwiki.info/index.php/Stalls

IF you hunt Beaver can sell Dried Beaver Pelt 12s and made Bar of Bubbly Soap 50s (or sell lards for other player who made brick walls ~25-30s each)

Savage Charm 30s, long ago was more hard finded and made this... now... few skills

Bear Skin 70s in atu... last season i ignore 40+ bears...

Any Dried Hide 4s ofc. Rabbit and Deer skin

or just hunt Crickets 11x and made Cricket Team for 22s

must popular was Cotton Cloth when 15s each but now 10s each :P
but i think many player still made this with set...

i feel not actual prince... in wiki
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:52 am

This is a crazy idea.
What if you established trading contacts with veterans and just ask them is there anything that they would buy from you?
I know its a crazy , trying to talk with people before going into ******* mode, but it might pay off.
Most of the vets dont pick up varius foragables and they might need a variety of those.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby belgear » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:06 am

ZoddAlmighty wrote:This is a crazy idea.
What if you established trading contacts with veterans and just ask them is there anything that they would buy from you?
I know its a crazy , trying to talk with people before going into ******* mode, but it might pay off.
Most of the vets dont pick up varius foragables and they might need a variety of those.

^^ What this guy said

people will literally buy grass from you
that **** is everywhere
belgear
Customer

Postby nosfirebird » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:39 am

ill buy unlimited honey suckle kudzu @ 3s ea
nosfirebird

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:27 pm

Hell rumor on the street is even Marp paid some good silver for the ownership rights to a 3D model of a Raccoon! The currency around here really is quite versatile. :lol:
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby TheDuke86 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:45 pm

I’m often In the market for bricks, as I loath making them. Or just plant a ***** load of cotton.
WWJCD; What Would John Carver Do!
-The Duke
TheDuke86

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations