Nsuidara wrote:so meybe in darkness more events ? :D or other "pool"

u dont even live in darkness

you dont know that :F im not live only one pleace :D
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Re: Event Frequency

Postby lachlaan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:14 am

Kandarim wrote:that would be tricky for an implementation perspective, as far as I gather: events are spawned on tile load, which sounds to be independent of the character skills of whatever character that causes the load. And requiring a skill for interaction with it wouldn't make much of a difference, I think, unless it's relatively high up (maybe event-related? Indian Tracking/Carpentry/Fishing/...)

Perhaps some day when they flesh out the whole stealth idea, that mechanic will have some bits of code useable for conditioned tile loading.

That said, I guess i'm slipping towards the side of the less alarmist folks against my initial stance. It's no biggy, any impression of unfairness is probably just bias cause RNGesus is evil. As long as the events don't deplete within like, 4-5 days it should be fine right?
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:06 am

Kandarim wrote:that would be tricky for an implementation perspective, as far as I gather: events are spawned on tile load, which sounds to be independent of the character skills of whatever character that causes the load. And requiring a skill for interaction with it wouldn't make much of a difference, I think, unless it's relatively high up (maybe event-related? Indian Tracking/Carpentry/Fishing/...)

A fair guess. But the active session that triggered the tile to load is actually passed in. So it wouldn't be a stretch for me to dig into the skillsheet attached to the character attached to the session that prompted the load. I'm still not entirely sure that I want to make exploration events skill dependent. Seems like if I make it too high it eliminates noobs from participating in them and/or stumbling upon something nice. And if I make it too low then it could bog down the noobie experience where they get skills that seemingly do very little.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby belgear » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:20 am

Please don't skill-gate it. The stuff from the events are nice things for newbies to run across to sell to vets.
belgear
Customer

Postby Nsuidara » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:43 am

JohnCarver wrote:A fair guess. But the active session that triggered the tile to load is actually passed in. So it wouldn't be a stretch for me to dig into the skillsheet attached to the character attached to the session that prompted the load. I'm still not entirely sure that I want to make exploration events skill dependent. Seems like if I make it too high it eliminates noobs from participating in them and/or stumbling upon something nice. And if I make it too low then it could bog down the noobie experience where they get skills that seemingly do very little.

Why don't add like "Forage" for events ?
What mean ?
Now, player walking in world and discovery event (it's X chance for this per tile map)
so noob and no noob can play and finded event

but with skill, you can add also like:
- add bonus (X*2) chance for discovery event ? - ofc. limit per season (max pool)
- chance (X/3) for discovery event, when max pool is full
??

i think, now amount event's small... 1.5 day and world don't have events :D
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations