Event Frequency

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Event Frequency

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:23 am

Just curious ping to y'all about what you think on the event frequency. For those curious the server averages (10) events found a day. about 75 a week. Too many? Too little? I can imagine the frustration if you go out looking for a specific one but what has been the general consensus on the rarity of items procured from events?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Re: Event Frequency

Postby nosfirebird » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:32 am

ive seen 4 caravan things today i just keep walking because i have 1k sugar 200 pepper. havnt ever seen a pot of gold or candy house or any other events
so i would say increase the other events and reduce the caravan event
Last edited by nosfirebird on Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
nosfirebird

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:33 am

Events are not 'random' as they should be.
Ive found so many vagons stacked next to each other ( with sugar and peper).
Also, beached whale event spawns on the lake beaches as well. Idk what to think about that.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Nikixos » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:36 am

I don't think one should go out looking for them, they just appear and make your day happy :lol:
Maybe frequency is a small though, weeks could go by without finding one, and i don't feel excited to explore after a new season because they are so rare
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Reviresco » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:39 am

In my experience, wagons are too common, and wells and candy houses are too rare.
Reviresco

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:42 am

Yes I do see wagsons appearing a lot more. I'm curious how much of that is because there is so much grassland, and how much of that is because the events don't 'misfire' because of a collision issue. If the event can't find a safe place to spawn without spawning a bunch of junk inside of junk then it will give up. I suspect wooded areas have this issue more than I first expected. I will increase the number of times the server tries to find a home for the stuff in a more crowded area and see if that helps.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby nosfirebird » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:54 am

JohnCarver wrote:Yes I do see wagsons appearing a lot more. I'm curious how much of that is because there is so much grassland, and how much of that is because the events don't 'misfire' because of a collision issue. If the event can't find a safe place to spawn without spawning a bunch of junk inside of junk then it will give up. I suspect wooded areas have this issue more than I first expected. I will increase the number of times the server tries to find a home for the stuff in a more crowded area and see if that helps.

are the animal events active right now or do we have to wait for the next season change? if i remember right new events happen when season changes
nosfirebird

Postby riolic » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:58 am

The way I remember it working is this:
When a season starts the 'pool' for events sets to its maximum values. And all tiles are flipped to an 'unvisited state' then upon the first time being loaded by a player. There is a roll done to see if an event spawns.

So my understanding is that it should be active, regardless of when season change was. If you are in the right spot
riolic
Customer

Postby Nsuidara » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:39 pm

so meybe in darkness more events ? :D or other "pool"
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby riolic » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:46 pm

Less populated areas = more first time loads
riolic