Craving Imbalance Discussions

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Craving Imbalance Discussions

Postby nosfirebird » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:13 am

JohnCarver wrote:
MaxPlanck wrote:JC, Salvaging right now in terms of Tclaim/Pclaim permissions allows ppl with vandalism who have it to allow the building of goods mostly can now salvage through a whole base in under a few hours without taking the necessary steps to breaking things properly.
Having a base that has 1000's of hours put into it COMPLETELY wiped off the planet in just 3-5 hours is unbalanced as hell and Salvaging needs different permissions apart from vandalism.

Have we accurately considered the amount of tears this will produce though if your friend salvages your base? And why was he your friend who does that in the first place? And since when do people have friends in Salem?

so no new players can join towns got it
nosfirebird

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:16 am

Don't you guys try to go and pretend like you were welcome to new players before this :lol: .

Either way, I'll look into permission systems but adding layers to that always breaks more than it helps. I can see the risk though..
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Dallane » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:40 am

WOW THIS KILLS TOWN RECRUITMENT LIKE CRAZY LIKE THERE WASNT BETRAYAL BEFORE BUT NOW THIS WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby nosfirebird » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:07 am

Dallane wrote:WOW THIS KILLS TOWN RECRUITMENT LIKE CRAZY LIKE THERE WASNT BETRAYAL BEFORE BUT NOW THIS WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

betrayal before was a few hours on a brick wall now its 5 seconds... now line up 4 sets of brick 4 sets of iron walls and now do the math... REEEEEEEE
so to betray me before would take 12 hours brick 20 hours iron with soak. now with salvage lets do the math
4 sets of brick 1 min
4 sets of iron walls 1 min

hence no one is going to getting invited to towns anymore
like legit use your brain. invite me to your town give me build rights and lets see what happens lol
nosfirebird

Postby Dallane » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:14 am

nosfirebird wrote:
Dallane wrote:WOW THIS KILLS TOWN RECRUITMENT LIKE CRAZY LIKE THERE WASNT BETRAYAL BEFORE BUT NOW THIS WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

betrayal before was a few hours on a brick wall now its 5 seconds... now line up 4 sets of brick 4 sets of iron walls and now do the math... REEEEEEEE
so to betray me before would take 12 hours brick 20 hours iron with soak. now with salvage lets do the math
4 sets of brick 1 min

like legit use your brain. invite me to your town give me build rights and lets see what happens lol

I would put real money on the line and bet you haven't invited someone into your town in months if not ever.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby nosfirebird » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:28 am

Dallane wrote:
nosfirebird wrote:

4 sets of brick 1 min

I would put real money on the line and bet you haven't invited someone into your town in months if not ever.

i invited kichi years ago she stopped logging in within a few days but a few months ago no no one since planters was pretty dead.
nosfirebird

Postby grapefruitv » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:47 am

Spent pretty much all day playing with new mechanics and I agree that salvage as it is is a bit op. With no penalty, biles drain or much time spent me and my friend got a significant amount of steel, wrought, glass and other goodies including arcane amethists within an hour. Don't get me wrong, of course we were excited and had fun, but after all it seems too good for so little effort. Would take us days, if not weeks, to produce all of that using "the civil way".
This could be fixed by adding biles drain, reducing speed and reducing the chance of getting anything when building is not claimed by you. That way if you need it bad, you can claim it, if you're going to just be griefing your town you won't be able to take over your mayor's claim, if he takes a proper care of it
, and this will slow you down while not rip you off an opportunity to destroy someone elses town.
grapefruitv

Postby Dallane » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:58 am

nosfirebird wrote:i invited kichi years ago she stopped logging in within a few days but a few months ago no no one since planters was pretty dead.

lol don't fear monger **** you aren't even doing.

Dallane

Postby belgear » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:03 am

Okay guys, this awesome salvage stuff is going to fall off in a week after we are all do e dismantling holdings. Please, wait until we are through the fun point to call it op. Also, if you invite someone who is going to dismantle your town you should prob have stuff set up such that you have pclaims that control individual area's permissions and not a giant blanket claim
belgear
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:09 am

I'm still skeptical its "OP" unless you mean you are making too much money salvaging abandoned stuff in the world. But that means you guys have an incentive to clean up Salem no?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations