Bear Traps

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Bear Traps

Postby Heffernan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:02 pm

- Produces 2-3 Bear Traps by 1 Iron Bar
- has a small radius and any NPC/Player running in that radius gets stunned for 2-3 seconds and adds a large Bleed
Heffernan

Re: Bear Traps

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:26 pm

Only if I can see them on the ground(not on minimap, though I'm sure ppl would mod their clients to see it anyway <,< )
And if there is a disarming skill that takes 3-5 seconds to disarm one(can stop disarming at any moment to avoid attacks)

Also, I should be able to use the jump/leap at skill to hop over bear traps without triggering them.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:34 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:Only if I can see them on the ground(not on minimap, though I'm sure ppl would mod their clients to see it anyway <,< )
And if there is a disarming skill that takes 3-5 seconds to disarm one(can stop disarming at any moment to avoid attacks)

Also, I should be able to use the jump/leap at skill to hop over bear traps without triggering them.

and could have the disarming chance depending on your H&H else if it fails it triggers.
Heffernan

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:50 pm

Heffernan wrote:
MaxPlanck wrote:Only if I can see them on the ground(not on minimap, though I'm sure ppl would mod their clients to see it anyway <,< )

and could have the disarming chance depending on your H&H else if it fails it triggers.

Nah, that'd be unfair to those who actually notice the traps and try to disarm them.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:59 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:
Heffernan wrote:

Nah, that'd be unfair to those who actually notice the traps and try to disarm them.

how about a skilltree for disarming 25, 50 80%
Heffernan

Postby Forungi » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:53 pm

What a terrible idea.
Forungi

Postby Chrumps » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:09 pm

long, long ago JohnCarver wrote:Hidden Object System:
Storing massive amounts of data in every tile of Salem is not exactly reasonable given the sheer magnitude of tiles. However, we have had discussions about possible implementations of allowing for objects who simply choose to remain invisible and/or otherwise not present themselves to your clients at the point when you load an area. This will open up the design space for the ability to bury treasure, plant land mines, and other fun things that become available when objects become hidden.

source

Obviously, some kind of traps was once considered.

I generally like the idea but I prefer to have temperature mechanics fixed first.
Chrumps

Return to Ideas & Innovations