motorcycles

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: motorcycles

Postby Darwoth » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:52 am

CalHob wrote:You don't have to pay upkeep on your PC anymore???

never a good idea to leave them dry imo but yeah 99% of the server have not paid upkeep on their claims (and often not their bells either) for a long time until they see a tbf go up. one of those things that is to obviously broken to remain that way forever so i am sure it will be fixed eventually (probably), but until then it is another one of those quick things that could/should have been changed back a long time ago instead of letting tards exploit 500k pclaim defense and ten shot post spamming (counting on the still unfixed brazier/torchpost bug raiders have had to deal with ever since jorb/loftar screwed with brazier damage/rate/capacity a few times four and a half years ago to KO people for them) that costs nothing to maintain.
Darwoth

Postby Heffernan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:06 am

Darwoth wrote:
CalHob wrote:You don't have to pay upkeep on your PC anymore???

never a good idea to leave them dry imo but yeah 99% of the server have not paid upkeep on their claims (and often not their bells either) for a long time until they see a tbf go up. one of those things that is to obviously broken to remain that way forever so i am sure it will be fixed eventually (probably), but until then it is another one of those quick things that could/should have been changed back a long time ago instead of letting tards exploit 500k pclaim defense and ten shot post spamming (counting on the still unfixed brazier/torchpost bug raiders have had to deal with ever since jorb/loftar screwed with brazier damage/rate/capacity a few times four and a half years ago to KO people for them) that costs nothing to maintain.

Friend of me gone afk cuz of no content and spammed a 650k pclaim to be unraidable forever ¦]
Heffernan

Postby Darwoth » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:25 pm

Heffernan wrote:Friend of me gone afk cuz of no content and spammed a 650k pclaim to be unraidable forever ¦]

well he and others doing similar merely wasted a bunch of money in an effort to show the server how much of a ***** they are then. if the devs do not fix the problem then eventually i will via creating disposable bashers with several thousand black bile, one way or another the problem will be significantly less in the future.
Darwoth

Postby Dallane » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:38 am

Darwoth wrote:
Heffernan wrote:Friend of me gone afk cuz of no content and spammed a 650k pclaim to be unraidable forever ¦]

well he and others doing similar merely wasted a bunch of money in an effort to show the server how much of a ***** they are then. if the devs do not fix the problem then eventually i will via creating disposable bashers with several thousand black bile, one way or another the problem will be significantly less in the future.

It was always said that if someone did this they would find themselves nuked fairly quickly or other things would be adjusted.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Heffernan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:41 am

Dallane wrote:
Darwoth wrote:

It was always said that if someone did this they would find themselves nuked fairly quickly or other things would be adjusted.

nope, never been said stop spreading lies, it would be adjusted yes but never be nuked, heck even i got a 125k pclaim.
Heffernan

Postby Dallane » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:40 am

Heffernan wrote:nope, never been said stop spreading lies, it would be adjusted yes but never be nuked, heck even i got a 125k pclaim.

I can give you chat logs if I go back far enough. It has 100% been said that if someone made it "impossible" to raid that it soon wouldn't be impossible.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby MaxPlanck » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:21 pm

Better remind the Devs. Also got another 500k pclaim right next to this 1mk pclaim.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:17 pm

remind them of what?

dallane is correct, it was said numerous times under both developer groups that a broken mechanic causing something to be "impossible" would be rectified, i inquired eons ago about claiming a supergrid BEFORE the drain or defenses were anything like they are now and was told it would be nuked, my retarded 20 tile wide pclaims i circled around boston on jamestown were even nuked.

in any case the issue is not giant player claims. it is giant player claims that are not paid but still retain their defense and the drain on them being increased 800% to create the purely stupid dynamic we currently have. if we had combat/crime tea again and the drain was how it was before the ***** patch of 2015 all of these giant claims (that only popped up AFTER that patch ruined the game) would be a non issue and a waste of time as you would only be marginally more protected than you would be with an average size claim.

every single individual exploiting giant player claims knows full well it is broken, that is why they did it in the first place and "smile" like a baby ***** its pants whenever it is brought up. when it is nerfed i sincerely hope there are no "refunds" for the folks that abused them for two years then suddenly decide they do not want one that large anymore.
Darwoth

Postby MaxPlanck » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:22 pm

To remind them(yet again) to adjust numbers on pclaim drain that are easily adjustable with I assume the flick of a finger that can be its own individual patch apart from other patches.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby CalHob » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:41 pm

Why not have the claims (town bells or pc) drop any sort of protection (or drain) once the funds run out?

Sort of like decaying houses back in the good old days of UO (for those of you old like me that remember). If the house wasn't actively used it would begin to decay. Once it went through the full decay cycle (which I think had four stages) it would "fall", spilling all contents within the house to the ground for anyone to take.

This mechanic alone created lots of fun for players. People would be camping these sites and fighting for a share of the loot. Made for many interesting encounters.
CalHob

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations